Model Cars Magazine Forum

For all you guys who want a Vette wagon

1 hour ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

If you think that's bad...

camaro1_81ee38b5cd3eb4bfcce46a9cf79978a22cc66237.jpeg.019dada106654b28941359df90846c68.jpeg

Not once, but twice!

This is even weirder than it looks at first glance. It seems to have the vent windows and no side markers of a '67, but the under-window trim is '68 (usually seen on RSs, but it was available separately), as are the taillights (non RS), and the rear quarters are '69!:blink:

Still, it looks like there's still enough car here to do SOMETHING with it. :unsure:

The yellow '67 panel conversion is actually kind of interesting looking. At least it's not yet ANOTHER red Pro Street.

Edited by Snake45

I kinda like the yellow one and have seen the purple Challenger in person and IIRC it was done very well, guessing these were done years before everything has become considered so darn collectible, kinda refreshing to see some of these old customs that actually stand out at shows instead of getting lost in a sea of Camaros, Corvettes or whatever, Goggle them there were/are lots of conversions similar to these

9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

This is even weirder than it looks at first glance. It seems to have the vent windows and no side markers of a '67, but the under-window trim is '68 (usually seen on RSs, but it was available separately), as are the taillights (non RS), and the rear quarters are '69!:blink:

Still, it looks like there's still enough car here to do SOMETHING with it. :unsure:

The yellow '67 panel conversion is actually kind of interesting looking. At least it's not yet ANOTHER red Pro Street.

I don't think it was a 67. If you look close at the side glass, it doesn't have vent windows. It looks more like a vertical mark on the glass in that area, so it probably started out as a 68. The 69 quarters were changed out, so they probably filled in the side markers too.

Either way, it looks like they just "plopped" the Vega roof on it and called it a day. It's a monstrosity, to be sure. 

As far as the yellow one, it bugs me that they didn't widen the Vega roof to match the width of the Camaro. And then they added IMSA fenders on it, which dates it back to the late 70s, but it probably wasn't finished until the 80s judging by the paint graphics. My favorite part is the dual license plate holders - for multiple state registrations!