[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Ace-Garageguy

Memorial Day

While you're watching Indy, or cooking out, or sitting by the pool with a nice cold beer, or fighting crowds at the countless sales, please stop for a moment to remember those who gave everything for the concept of freedom

Image result for memorial day

Amen , Bill 

Posted (edited)

I'll be driving in the parade in Washington DC giving vets a ride.  It is the very least I can do living so close to DC to honor them.

Edited by vamach1

And ... fer cryin' out loud, DON'T be wishing people a "Happy Memorial Day"!  I have a friend who is a combat veteran; he has a Purple Heart and shrapnel in his body from an IED in Afghanistan.  He lost friends in that incident.  Happy Memorial Day, indeed! :angry:

Posted (edited)

See the source image

RIP Mike 

BLT 1/8, Beirut

10-23-83

I still have your tie bar.

G

Edited by Agent G

Back-in-the-day Memorial Day was always on May 30th as that was the day my brother was born on.

Just remember that Memorial Day is to honor those vets who gave the full measure of devotion.  Not to dis the current vets, but their day is November 11.  Originally Armistice Day, is now Veteran's Day.

Take the opportunity to honor all vets, no matter which day.  They deserve it.

Thank you to all the United States Veterans..

It is a time to remember all of the fallen.  I try to take a moment each day to remember those that I had the privilege to serve with who did not come home.  But today it is about all the service members who lay at rest so the those of us who are still here, can say they are not forgotten no matter what their contribution.  They all crossed that line and said, " Me, I will serve.  I will go forth for the good of the country and do what must be done".  We remember them all!

"I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense."

This is the first statement in the Soldier's Code of Conduct.  Each of us learned this code in basic training.  So many of us did not really pay a lot of attention to the words.  Today, however, that last phrase holds much more sway in all our lives.  Far too many of us still walking around know at least one or two who "gave their lives in their defense."  To all my fallen comrades a silent salute and a prayer of GOD's peace for your families.