Model Cars Magazine Forum

Solo

1 hour ago, Dragline said:

Horrific is a word to use. Full of third wave Feminist and SJW malarkey. But it might be up someones alley.

Thanks for the warning. I wanted to see it to learn how he originally got a Bigfoot for a copilot. I'll wait for it to come on cable now. 

On 28/05/2018 at 1:45 AM, Dragline said:

SJW malarkey

Ahh.. The irony... what are the Rebel Alliance if NOT "social justice warriors"? A motley multispecies rainbow collective led by a Princess going up against the (white, err, Nazi-allegorical and, hilariously mostly-English) Empire of cloned stormtroopers ruled over by a power-crazed white guy whose time is past...

best,

M.

1 hour ago, Matt Bacon said:

Ahh.. The irony... what are the Rebel Alliance if NOT "social justice warriors"? A motley multispecies rainbow collective led by a Princess going up against the (white, err, Nazi-allegorical and, hilariously mostly-English) Empire of cloned stormtroopers ruled over by a power-crazed white guy whose time is past...

best,

M.

Funny how people always seem to forget that part, isn't it.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, Lizard Racing said:

I guess this movie proves that you can get too much of a good thing.  If the audience wasn't familiar with the overall story, the movie wouldn't be as good.

OBTW, Mad magazine just issued a special edition spoofing sci-fi and fantasy movies.

Mad Magazine is back ???? I used to have to hide my issues from my parents when I was growing up. They actually thought it was a "Commie" plot thing or something. I'm not making this up, that was their thought process at the time.    

Most parents felt that way about Mad. I honed my B.S.'ing skills while explaining to my mother that George Woodbridge was teaching kids history with his historically accurate artwork.I strategically neglected to show her his 43-Man Squamish stuff

My mom used to buy me a copy of MAD every so often.  She thought it was well-written.  I even had the issue with the "finger" cover, which I found out (much later) some places didn't display.

I think the thing I liked the most about Mad and Cracked and one or two of the knockoffs of the time was the Humor. They were making fun of everyday things and events and that was new at the time. The art work was out standing, and I really liked Spy vs Spy and some of the others. Long live Alfred E. Newman.