Model Cars Magazine Forum

KAR 120C Is Completed

mrmike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE-EMinj69o

If you have watched the video link, then you know what I am working on.  This is a Lotus Seven Series II also known as KAR 120C or No. 6's car from the TV series The Prisoner starring the late Patrick McGoohan.  I built this one many years ago.  It is one of my favorite models and one that needs a little TLC.  I started to dismantle the car a bit this morning to clean and to repaint some of the parts used in this build.

Seven01.JPG

Seven02.JPG

Seven03.JPG

Seven04.JPG

Edited by mrmike

The last time I saw one a Lotus Seven, it needed an engine rebuild.  It sat there idling and blowing blue smoke out of the pipe.  It also looked like it was just pulled from a barn...

After cleanups and touchups, the Lotus is going back together.  I painted the wheels gloss aluminium since the wheels on KAR 120C are not white like I thought they were.  I had originally painted the steering wheel spokes aluminium, but now they are chrome thanks to my Molotow Liquid Chrome 1 mm pen.

More to come...

Seven06.JPG

Seven07.JPG

Seven05.JPG

Thank you Steve!  I finished the Lotus last night, but I haven't had time to take any pictures today since I've been carting the wife and her sisters to and from the hospital where one sister has been hospitalized.  I'll get around to it soon...