Model Cars Magazine Forum

Re-engineering Monograms Lotus Esprit...new update!

Dann Tier

1 minute ago, Rob Hall said:

Yes, I think that is an Italeri kit that was reboxed. 

I figured. I have two of Fujimis Enthusiast ones, and two of Revell of Germany ones. Obviously the Fujimi ones are the best...….especially one of the ones I have, its kit #09.....EXTREMELY rare. The Revell of Germany's aren't really that bad. They have great detail, but brittle plastic, and its VERY hard to find one that doesn't have a warped body in the back, or belly pan/chassis. How did the Italeri build-up?

27 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, JC!...it looks the same as the Revell of Germany one....

I’m pretty sure there are only two: the Fujimi kit and the other one, reboxed by at least Italeri, Revell and Testors. What is the back-end like in that one? I still get the shakes thinking about building the Fujimi Enthusiast one, with its accurate but fragile frames, multi-part exhausts and turbos, and nothing that really “jigs” the wheels into the right place. Amazing that it sits on all four wheels on my display shelf at all, even though one of the rears  has a bit more camber and toe out than it should!

best,

M.

55 minutes ago, afx said:

Yeah the Testors GTO is by Italeri witness their logo on the side of the box.

Image result for ferrari 288 gto italeri

I still have my build of that from when I was a kid.  I made as many of those Testor kits as I could... 944, 930 Turbo, 911 Targa, GTO, Volvo sedan....I still have most of them.

10 minutes ago, Ich_Will said:

I still have my build of that from when I was a kid.  I made as many of those Testor kits as I could... 944, 930 Turbo, 911 Targa, GTO, Volvo sedan....I still have most of them.

I built most of those... I remember finding them at an Ohio chain called 'Discount Drug Mart'..

2 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

I’m pretty sure there are only two: the Fujimi kit and the other one, reboxed by at least Italeri, Revell and Testors. What is the back-end like in that one? I still get the shakes thinking about building the Fujimi Enthusiast one, with its accurate but fragile frames, multi-part exhausts and turbos, and nothing that really “jigs” the wheels into the right place. Amazing that it sits on all four wheels on my display shelf at all, even though one of the rears  has a bit more camber and toe out than it should!

best,

M.

What back-end part, Matt?.....body, or chassis?....I can post photos....

2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

I built most of those... I remember finding them at an Ohio chain called 'Discount Drug Mart'..

Tina drove five hours away to get me this Lotus kit, and after talking to the guy she bought it from, she mentioned how I like the stupid "yellow box" kits, and he said, "here, you can have all five of these then.....I cant stand them...they're junk".....she came home with 15 kits, and three FREE crappy Testors ones!!!....lol -I love Testors kits!!

17 hours ago, Matt Bacon said:

best,

M.

Some info on the Italeri 288GTO here.

Image result for ferrari 288gto italeri

• Dann Tier changed the title to Re-engineering Monograms Lotus Esprit...new update!