Model Cars Magazine Forum

Re-engineering Monograms Lotus Esprit...new update!

Dann Tier

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, Italianhorses said:

...and now for some pictures we snapped at model assembly factory, where parts are getting ready for paint....

I wish I was this organized! Very cool workshop too. How dusty does it get when you paint inside? 

I still spray everything outside.

Here is the paint dust...just primer, I vacuumed a bit to show the difference!

DSCF6665.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Re-engineering Monograms Lotus Esprit
On 28.9.2018 at 2:27 AM, Dann Tier said:

Here is the paint dust...just primer, I vacuumed a bit to show the difference!

DSCF6665.JPG

WOW! Quite a bit of paint dust there... At first I thought it was light and shadows on the floor but then I got it...

May I ask how you handle the preparation of your rattle cans before shooting? Do you warm them up in water? I do so until I can barely handle the warm can and I do a lot of shaking before and after that. Yet I find myself having trouble here and there, especially if the can is not that full anymore. It's probably also the case that I don't take care enough of cleaning the nozzle...

35 minutes ago, Tommy124 said:

WOW! Quite a bit of paint dust there... At first I thought it was light and shadows on the floor but then I got it...

May I ask how you handle the preparation of your rattle cans before shooting? Do you warm them up in water? I do so until I can barely handle the warm can and I do a lot of shaking before and after that. Yet I find myself having trouble here and there, especially if the can is not that full anymore. It's probably also the case that I don't take care enough of cleaning the nozzle...

Ya, Tommy....that's 5 hours of priming 8 kits parts!!...normally its not that bad, but primer days are worse than kolor days...lol       this is how I handle my cans; I pick them up...shake them for a minute...spray...put the cap back on, and move to the next kolor...LOL  -I NEVER have to klean the nozzles, and the second a can starts "acting-up", I toss it.

Dann, you really need to invest in a spray booth.  If you are getting mountains of primer dust on the floor, what amount of it is getting into your lungs?  I can't even imagine the boogers you are dealing with!  Lol!

All warnings and jokes aside, this is a GORGEOUS build!  You should consider using this as a master and having a mold made for casting resin bodies.

I look forward to more progress!  Thanks for the inspiration!

18 minutes ago, rsxse240 said:

Dann, you really need to invest in a spray booth.  If you are getting mountains of primer dust on the floor, what amount of it is getting into your lungs?  I can't even imagine the boogers you are dealing with!  Lol!

I would hope that Dann is using some sort of respirator or mask. Even if it's just one of those disposable white ones. 

:)

:blink:

I just figured because of Dann's increablly clean room and being such tight quarters he just took extra measure to keep the over spray down and assumed he was using some sort of spray booth. 

Dann, you are using some sort of booth right?  I am sure I saw window fans at the very least. 

8 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I would hope that Dann is using some sort of respirator or mask. Even if it's just one of those disposable white ones. 

:)

14 hours ago, rsxse240 said:

All warnings and jokes aside, this is a GORGEOUS build!  You should consider using this as a master and having a mold made for casting resin bodies.

I look forward to more progress!  Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks, Ken!, I do use a booth, a respirator, and exhaust fans in a window...….NO nasty boogers...lol!!

5 hours ago, Rider said:

:blink:

I just figured because of Dann's increablly clean room and being such tight quarters he just took extra measure to keep the over spray down and assumed he was using some sort of spray booth. 

Dann, you are using some sort of booth right?  I am sure I saw window fans at the very least. 

You bet I do, Lloyd!!

• Dann Tier changed the title to Re-engineering Monograms Lotus Esprit...hand painted Knarlwood

Hey, everyone!, things are starting to move along with this, and the other 7 builds!   Here I did all the detail painting, and with that, decided to paint the Knarlwood instead of using decals. My next step for this kit will be the flocking, gauges, and then final assembly!

DSCF6781.JPG

DSCF6782.JPG

DSCF6783.JPG

DSCF6784.JPG

DSCF6785.JPG

DSCF6787.JPG

DSCF6789.JPG

DSCF6795.JPG

DSCF6796.JPG

DSCF6797.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Re-engineering Monograms Lotus Esprit...new update!