Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Model A coupe in white

Rocking Rodney Rat

Just finished this one up. Based on the Revell kit (that we may see again some day???). I made several mods, chopped the top to where I think the kit should have been chopped originally, about 4.5 scale inches. I filled the roof to make it smooth, used a Ford small block originally in the old Matt Hay prostreet T-Bird. I used a 3 x 2 intake, headers from the AMT Phantom Vickie [sic] along with various other parts. Wheels and rear tires from the Revell '32 roadster, Satco super low profile front tires, QC rear, front suspension is from the Revell '32 series with the cross-steer setup...interior door panels from the Revell '32 sedan with the seat from the Revell '32 roadster. I was inspired by a car that was at the SE Nats in Tampa this past April. I haven't done a white build in awhile...thanks for looking.... -RRR

1.jpg

pic 2....jpg

pic 4.jpg

pic -00--09.jpg

pic 5444.jpg

pic 3.jpg

Edited by Rocking Rodney Rat
  • Like 2

As my old buddy Jim Kampmann used to say ".....Ooooooooh…...ahhhhhhhh…" when he saw a really sharp hot rod,...what a tasty build of the Revell Model A kit.  Of course, I am all over the use of a Ford engine in the car, and the Matt/Debbie Hay kit was an inspired choice for that.  Lotsa really tasty tweaks and an awesome wheel/tire/stance setup, too.  WAY TO GO, Rodney!   TIM 

Looks awesome, Brother!

Just a timeless hot rod. Love the color scheme and the small block Ford. Those old school SVO valve covers are so sweet!

Those Satco front tires are worlds better than the Dunlop low-rider tires that come with those wheels.

B)

7 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Looks awesome, Brother!

Just a timeless hot rod. Love the color scheme and the small block Ford. Those old school SVO valve covers are so sweet!

Those Satco front tires are worlds better than the Dunlop low-rider tires that come with those wheels.

B)

Thanks, bro. Yeah those front wheels are hard to find an optional tire for, I've had those Satcos for years, I believe Satco is no more... -RRR