Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your Foose Ford FD-100 Pickups!

image.png.98050c98a2b5c5b40f06cec57240cd07.png

I love this kit. It goes together well and people have been doing some interesting things with it!   So show us what you've done!

image.png.553d68ce411adfb56aaceaec774f2764.png

This truck sits near my house. I decided to pay tribute to it....

image.png.6d55a76cb05bccaba1f1fe138267a8de.png

image.png

image.png

Yours??

Edited by Tom Geiger

• 9 months later...

The old truck I had modeled my Foose pickup after reappeared out of storage recently and has been sitting next to the barn.  Every time I pass it, I think it would be cool to take some photos of the two together.  So the other day I stopped and did it!  

image.png.95c47f4f8e1084d3395d450877ee22e9.png

image.png.5047549d562c19a91e453bae1eb47d6e.png

image.png.d549f5da4678aad0d43067e7fb8dc03b.png

46 minutes ago, mike 51 said:

It's a great kit I agree...but I just hate the relocated front wheels..Almost spoils the classic F100 styling in my opinion :(

Am I the only one who feels this way?

I didn't have a strong opinion either way.

This truck was Chip's father's old truck that they grew up with.  And then they customized it.  When I read that they moved the front wheels, my thought was WHY?

I don't have one of these kits yet, but the corrected wheel position is a major selling point for me!  Looking forward to getting my hands on one.

IMHO the stock front wheel arches/wheel position ruins the Effie...stock they're OK, but when guys put little street-rod tires on the front with a heavy forward rake, the trucks just look like they smoked a curb.

(Photo example below, cherry-picked for dramatic effect)

2236027-35103-1956-ford-f100.jpgthere-it-is-ap11k3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That's why I said the photo was "cherrypicked", haha. It's the usual Effie overhang, plus maybe a bit extra, PLUS the 3-ton fenders with large wheel arches. If ever there was a truck that needed to be rollin' on 30s...this would be it!

13 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

For those of youse who don't like the relocated front wheel openings on the Foose version, you might be interested to know I think I did it first...in 2011.

I like the relocated openings on some of the F100 trucks. I did the mod in 2006 on an old MPC 53 F100. Need to get it finished one day,lol.

I do plan to put the wheelwell openings back to stock on the Foose truck when I build it.

Picture1547-vi.jpg

Picture1553-vi.jpg

Edited by Lordmodelbuilder