Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rockford files 1977 firebird

dragmodels44

Hey thanks, it was a challenge and I wanted to see how it would look, and so far I’m happy enough with it to continue. Hopefully I’ll  have paint on it tonight.  Someday maybe I’ll find a ‘74 and have both body styles.  More to come...

Edited by dragmodels44

Well... here’s the 3 colors I was bouncing around, then I found an article about the colors and came up with this ( see the pics ). My body shop is going to cross reference those paint codes to the brand they use, and I’ll go with the actual correct color used. Although, I would have leaned toward the pure gold colored spoon but photos are hard to tell sometimes as lighting changes everything.  It’s amazing as the spoons look different in the pic than they do as I look at them!

2DF245B9-EF33-49AB-9360-20011728AC5E.jpeg

E2191FD3-0BD0-4FD9-80CB-62F236DC02F7.jpeg

Edited by dragmodels44

I republished the body so I’ve  got it about as glossy as I can get it. I bare metal foiled it, I had to wing it for the window moldings as there was nothing left after all the sanding. All the painting is pretty much done. I found two sets of Rally II wheels and I’m glad I got them both as the chrome set is a little too big for the tires. The resin set fits better so I’m going with those. I went with dark tan for the interior. The colors look like a pretty good match. 

12DF8901-7ED9-4B31-9E10-75B245DEEEAE.jpeg

6667D518-C177-4311-AE5B-64E0D0EF2405.jpeg

ALMOST FINISHED!      Just wanted to add an update to the Rockford files firebird, I had to mock up the wheels/tires for now as I cant find wheel backs yet. Otherwise it’s pretty much done. I did it as a curbside but it looks decent. It’s one I’ve wanted to add for a long time. The correct license plate made it! Hope you like it. Thanks for looking.

43456BAA-A80B-4931-86A7-D6AF99DF9101.jpeg

C5FF0333-5417-47EC-ABAE-CFB5A88F0D45.jpeg

21536E74-A4BE-4C1B-B4C8-92C0595C8902.jpeg