Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Have for Dinner?

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

Italian sausage and sauce over tofu spaghetti noodles with sautéed green beans on the side. The noodles were ok. Not the real thing but better than not at all. 

D53C1DF0-FB9F-4666-9554-4B9896097EA6.jpeg

Hey David, have you ever had spaghetti squash? It's really good and better for you than soy!

Cut it in half, seed it, bake it, make spaghetti out of it. :)

1 hour ago, Rodent said:

Hey David, have you ever had spaghetti squash? It's really good and better for you than soy!

Cut it in half, seed it, bake it, make spaghetti out of it. :)

Yes. I have one on the counter. This wasn’t bad if you just except it wasn’t going to be just like regular pasta. It’s like when you go into a hospital for a few days. If you set your self up to the fact it’s not a 5 star hotel and restaurant. Then you don’t get really disappointed. Lol!  I have another brand made out of some kind of root vegetable to try. 

My youngest had his first baseball game of the season and he had a good day in the field and especially on the mound so I let him pick where he wanted to go for lunch.  We went to the nearby J Gumbos but I explained in southern lingo, when they say 'hot' it's not just throwing a little tabasco sauce on it.  We both had the Voodoo chili that you can get as a hoagie (if you don't want rice) and you eat it like biscuits-n-gravy.

IMG_2681.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I made a vat of veal stew. 5 1/2 lbs. of braised veal, 3 lbs of diced potatoes, 1/2 lb. of sliced carrots, 1 lb. of sliced Portobello mushrooms, 1/2 lb. of fresh peas, three large sliced onions, one large bunch of sliced scallions, 1 qt. of beef stock, i small can of tomato paste, 16 cloves of finely chopped garlic, two cans of beef gravy. After four hours of slow cooking on a low flame, we just knocked some off for dinner.

2 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

I made a vat of veal stew. 5 1/2 lbs. of braised veal, 3 lbs of diced potatoes, 1/2 lb. of sliced carrots, 1 lb. of sliced Portobello mushrooms, 1/2 lb. of fresh peas, three large sliced onions, one large bunch of sliced scallions, 1 qt. of beef stock, i small can of tomato paste, 16 cloves of finely chopped garlic, two cans of beef gravy. After four hours of slow cooking on a low flame, we just knocked some off for dinner.

Expecting the 101st Airborne? ;)

Steve

Funny you should say that. I was in C Co/1st Bn/506th INF as my first duty assignment. Hardcore, Sir! :D

Actually, I divided the leftover stew into portions and threw them into the freezer. Right next to the three dozen homemade placki (potato pancakes)

image.png.d41356d7b20ec06e2e2bae3b2ed69276.png

I made Saturday.

1 hour ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Neither one sounds like anything that anyone should ever put into his mouth! :D

I know what haggis is, but what the hell is clapshot?

Steve

its neep and tatties mashed together  (turnip/swede with mashed potatoes) I'm not surprised with the haggis though, its not allowed in the us,  (apparently its classed as offal) yet you can purchase chicken thats been washed with bleach for some reason, lol. And haggis is awesome IMO. If you are ever in scotland you should try it, as long as its made with a sheeps stomach cos otherwise its just a lie/fake news, lol

(Thats just a joke before anyone gets twisted over it)

Edited by stitchdup

Haggis was banned from being imported into the U.S. because it contains sheep lung, the decision behind this is that stomach fluids enter the lungs during the butchering process, contaminating them. Haggis, without the sheep, is manufactured and sold by McKean's of Glasgow, which opened a manufacturing facility in Maine.

Sheep lungs, that is. :D

Sorta like shepherd's pie made with ground beef. It's called shepherd's pie because it contains lamb and shepherds tend sheep. Make it with chop meat and it's a farmer's pie. Accept no substitutes.

15 minutes ago, mod3l Lover said:

Just grilled cheese and tomato soup for me!

But I really liked it  .  .  .  .  .  a lot!!

David S.

I had summa that not too long ago! Yumm!!!