Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Have for Dinner?

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

Opened up a new in and Out near my sisters in Surprise. Had a double double and some fries. Not the best thing for me to eat but my doctor has told me it is ok once in awhile. How long is awhile ? :D

Personally, I would say that about 4 hours is a while! :D

Steve

Oh God...… My wife saw a recipe on TV for fried Spam with carrots, peas and rice with sweet and sour sauce.  It was absolutely, mind blowing  horrible. It would have been ok with almost anything but Spam.  The smell was revolting.  

Excuse me, I have to go make a sandwich now.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:09 PM, El Roberto said:

Oh God...… My wife saw a recipe on TV for fried Spam with carrots, peas and rice with sweet and sour sauce.  It was absolutely, mind blowing  horrible. It would have been ok with almost anything but Spam.  The smell was revolting.  

Excuse me, I have to go make a sandwich now.

I LOVE SPAM!  Can I have your SPAM?  :D

Edited by peteski

1 minute ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I like it too.

Cooked the same way it makes a good accompaniment to eggs & toast for breakfast, or a good sandwich.

Steve

We had for breakfast in Scouts for years. the best part was the kids that would not try it so we got extra. LOL It was easier than cooking bacon under the tent in the rain. 

2 minutes ago, 1930fordpickup said:

We had for breakfast in Scouts for years. the best part was the kids that would not try it so we got extra. LOL It was easier than cooking bacon under the tent in the rain. 

My mother always kept a can in the pantry for a quick breakfast meat or sandwiches.

Now, that being said, I can sympathize with Robert's situation.

sweet & sour Spam sounds pretty horrid!! :P

Steve

Just now, StevenGuthmiller said:

My mother always kept a can in the pantry for a quick breakfast meat or sandwiches.

Now, that being said, I can sympathize with Robert's situation.

sweet & sour Spam sounds pretty horrid!! :P

Steve

Yes we only had it mostly for camping and when on a Scout function. with a family of 13 people you would think we had it more. Never had it other than browned/ fried on a griddle. If it is not browned to bring the crispy flavor out I am not a fan.  Weird I know.

Mom must have not liked it. She had a way of making it out like Dad didn't like things we wanted to try.  Like Chilli I had to learn to cook it on my own. LOL

20 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

No offense Deuces, but that has got to be one of the sloppiest looking restaurant platings that I have ever seen! :P

Steve

Chains often "forget" about the importance of presentation...but if their customers don't care,why should they?