Model Cars Magazine Forum

LA Roadster Show Model Car Event

Art Laski

Laski Scale Specialties is proud to present the Third Annual Model Car Event at the LA Roadster Show and Swap!

Father’s Day Weekend
June 15th & June 16th, 2018!

Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Saturday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

**NEW DAYS- NO SUNDAY SHOW!!!

** Awards Presentation at 2:00 PM SATURDAY!

Fairplex in Pomona 
1101 W McKinley Ave

Pomona, CA 91768

**In the Vendor Building 4

* Best Roadster (Bring your best roadster build!) 

* Top Five People’s Choice! presented by Tamiya

* Best Roadster presented by Pro Tech

* Best Paint presented by Tamiya

* Best Engine presented by Tamiya

* Bunch Brothers Award present by Bunch Brothers

* Best FOOSE! presented by Foose Design

** NEW CLASS ADDED!!

Builders, get those Revell Foose builds together and bring them out on Father’s Day weekend to the LA Roadster Show! This year we are adding an officially sanctioned category of the acclaimed Revell Foose model kits, with the winner to be chosen by representatives of the Foose organization.

The only requirement to participate in this class, is the entrant’s build must have originated from a Revell Foose kit.

Model show FREE with paid admission to the LA Roadster Show
Display entries are accepted at start of show Friday through noon on Saturday
Award presentations on Saturday at 2:00 PM. (time subject to change)

Note: For entries brought in on Friday, a pass will be provided to the builder for show entry on Saturday for the award presentations; in addition to retrieving display items (the pass for Saturday DOES NOT include parking).

For additional information or questions contact Art @ (951) 233-5276 or laskiscale@earthlink.net

LARS-Flyer.JPG

Pre-Registration is available and encouraged! Click here to go straight to the Registration pages:

LA Roadster Show Model Car Event Participant Registration

Why Pre-Register?

* No Fee to Pre- Register. Only pay for admission to the main show.

* No waiting at the show!

* No filling out the forms by hand!

* Forms are printed for you!

* Helps Organizers manage registration!!!

Edited by Art Laski

• 2 weeks later...

The third edition of the Model Car Event at the LA Roadster Show is now complete, and remains one of the funnest shows on the Southern California model car scene. For the first time this year, a Foose Build off class was added, with the only allowed entries being those built from the Revell Foose kits of which the subjects are the cars designed by noted car builder and television personality Chip Foose. This was fully sanctioned by Foose Design, and the winner was chosen by Chip Foose himself!

Chip was incredibly supportive of our event, and not only picked the Foose class winner, but also filled in to pick the Best Paint and Best Roadster awards! The legendary Gene Winfield was going to be our Best Paint judge for the second year in a row on his 91st birthday, but he got delayed getting to the show. Thankfully, Gene did show up, just shortly after our awards ceremony. Not too late, however, to see the incredible diorama display model master John Teresi built of Gene’s iconic auto shop, as well as John’s brand new replica build of the Wild Cad painted by Winfield. Gene was ecstatic with the display.

Mike Herman from H&H Flatheads chose our best Engine winner for the second straight year, and we were very honored to have him do that.

Tamiya generously supported the Top Five, along with our Best Paint and Best Engine Awards. Pro Tech donated a prize package for the Best Roadster class, and Foose Design, of course, added prizes for the Best Foose.

This show is definitely a showcase event for the model car scene, with thousands of people flowing through the vendor building during the weekend. The public also chose the Tamiya Top Five award winners by people’s choice voting, with almost 400 votes this weekend!

Should we be invited back for a fourth edition, make plans early to be there. It’s an event you don’t want to miss, and we need all the support we can get to keep getting invited back!

Congratulations to the award winners!

Tamiya Top Five 
Ken Cornett – ’50 Olds Woody 
Emilio Gutierrez – Foose Cadillac 
Andy Blake- 1913 Mercer Runabout 
John Teresi- Wild Cad 
Willie Ramirez, Jr.- Foose Cadillac

Best Engine 
John Teresi – Barry Setzer Dragster

Best Paint 
Emilio Gutierrez- Foose Cadillac

Best Roadster 
Ken Cornett- Little Big T

Best Foose 
Foose FD-100 Pickup - John Teresi

Bunch Brothers Award 
Ken Cornett- The Invader

Pictures here:

LA Roadster Show Pictures

IMG_9501 (2).JPG

IMG_E9475.JPG

IMG_9446.JPG

IMG_9494.JPG

IMG_9503.JPG

Snyder (9).jpg

Snyder (35).jpg

Snyder (27).jpg

Snyder (28).jpg

Snyder (12).jpg

Snyder (21).jpg

That looks like such a cool event. Great Pics and I'm very happy for our forum members and other contestants who got to brush with greatness. You guys are so lucky to be so close to the vortex of car culture. Kudos to you Art, it looks like it was a lot of work, but that's what it takes to play with the big boys. Well done.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:09 AM, peter31a said:

Great report, Art! Glad Gene got to see John's recreation of his shop. Kudos on a successful event.

Thanks, Peter! Good to hear from you. I haven't been on YouTube in a while, so I need to get back out there and see what you've been up to.

On 6/21/2018 at 10:06 PM, Metalmad said:

Awesome Job Art ! Missed it again since I was out of town ....Hopefully I'll make it next year.

Seth, we missed you, for sure. Please come next year!

On 6/20/2018 at 5:11 PM, GoatGuy said:

That's awesome. So glad you shared this. A lot of art talent displayed. Congrats to the winners. GO John !!!!

Yeah, Dave, we had some good builds. Fraternizing with the hot rod community, and showing them what we can do was fun too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Art - Finally got around to checking this out. Definitely an amazing model show. Congratulations. Your show keeps getting bigger and better. I have started working towards the second Deuce Days in Scale taking place July 2019. I hoping for more spectators next year.

7 hours ago, Art Laski said:

Hi Phil, thank you for looking! Did you skip your event the last couple of years? I thought that you started the same time as this one.

Deuce Days was always an every three year event and 2016 was supposed to be the last one but the organizer was talked into doing it again 2019 this time with city and provincial help. If all goes well it might even happen again in 2022!! There is a caravan of hot rods that come from LA so some of the same cars will be at both the LA Roadster Show and Deuce Days. Maybe I can send you a poster for your event next year.

It was sure cool seeing Gene Winfield checking things out. That guy continues to live such an incredible life.

23 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Deuce Days was always an every three year event and 2016 was supposed to be the last one but the organizer was talked into doing it again 2019 this time with city and provincial help. If all goes well it might even happen again in 2022!! There is a caravan of hot rods that come from LA so some of the same cars will be at both the LA Roadster Show and Deuce Days. Maybe I can send you a poster for your event next year.

It was sure cool seeing Gene Winfield checking things out. That guy continues to live such an incredible life.

Oh, I see. I didn't realize it wasn't annual. Well, I hope it goes well for you next year! I would be happy to fly a poster for you next year.

Yes, Gene is an incredible guy. I'm glad I got to meet him a couple of times. Chip was really great with us too.