Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Chevy Camaro yenko

WickedRidez

Picked this kit up the other day. Going to build it box stock as it's been a while since I have built any models. Earlier I was spraying primer from the can and noticed that it wasn't coming out smooth so the body and hood are taking a swim. The boys are still working on the rest. Pics to come soon

The kit:

20180608_114206_zpso1usq4ir.jpg

Body in primer:

20180608_111728_zpsbz5lmzsc.jpg

Engine:

20180608_114235_zpszhwkjs9q.jpg

Body and parts in color fist time spraying nail polish with my airbrush. Had to thin it more than usual since I'm using a .3mm needle waiting on my .5mm needle and nozzle to come in.

20180608_114307_zpstvjsdsrx.jpg

20180608_114311_zpso0ps9agg.jpg

20180608_114317_zpsz9ozhz2y.jpg

As always comments welcome =]]

28 minutes ago, DumpyDan said:

Like the color choice.

Thank you, waiting on my clear coat to arrive 

23 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

Looking good! I just picked this kit up today with a 50% off coupon from Michaels.

I ordered mine off of Amazon, as well as my airbrush kit. Right now I'm waiting on my .5 tip and needle to show up which should be tomorrow. 

Great color choice for a 69. As long as you’re going to wet sand it, I’d add another coat of paint as it will lay down even smoother and look deeper after you’ve wet sanded it. The smoother every coat is, the next coat will lay down better giving you a deeper and smoother finish. Just a suggestion.

36 minutes ago, dragmodels44 said:

Great color choice for a 69. As long as you’re going to wet sand it, I’d add another coat of paint as it will lay down even smoother and look deeper after you’ve wet sanded it. The smoother every coat is, the next coat will lay down better giving you a deeper and smoother finish. Just a suggestion.

Thank you, unfortunately I ran out of the thinned nail polish. So back to the drawing board. Stay tuned 

Well, if you’re going to start over, how about these 2 colors, as they are pretty close to Rally green, which it looks like that’s what you were doing. The first one is Tamiya TS20 metallic green, the other is testors emerald green. I mixed both and this is how it came out. I hope that helps you a little with your color choice.

984E283E-61C0-4DC3-B487-8C23E94D97C7.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...