Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Coronet

IHSS

Hi all. This is the Monogram Super Bee 2n1 kit. I thought I needed some practice with smoothing out body panels. So I grabbed the blower hood just to smooth out, had no intention on starting this build yet but after looking at it I might have to do something with it now. Not sure what direction it'll go yet, but I'm kinda thinking like a day two or maybe a plain looking sleeper style. Thanks for looking and all comments and advice or tips welcomed.

Thanks

Jeff

69 corenet.jpg

69crenet2.jpg

You did a very nice job on the hood. I like the Day 2 style as that is what most people had to work with back then anyway, not everyone could afford a Super Bee or what ever. Just remove the Bee markings and present it as a Coronet with a lightly modified engine and some nice wheels and tires, it'll look great.

51_3.jpg

something like this would be nice. if you go day 2, you should dump the big ol air cleaner. they were considered big and bulky. put an aftermarket one on and you need headers with header mufflers cut at the axles...... just my 2 cents.

Edited by tubbs

Thanks for looking and the replies. I got the body cleaned up and found a set of rims and tire's I kinda like. The rims are the Crager SS style from the monogram turbo El Camino and the tires are the B.F.G.'s from a Fujimi set. I still havn't figured out a color yet but I got some more to do before I need to decide. 

Thanks for checking it out

Jeff

IMG_2161.JPG

69 corenet 3.jpg

69 corenet 4.jpg