Model Cars Magazine Forum

Metallic Green Beetle.

StevenGuthmiller

Where did you get yours ? The LHS keeps telling me that it's not going to be available until July !  I preordered 4 of them with a prepaid gift card that was part of a preheated oven that I bought on a preposition .

Well , it looks like Lindbug went with that stupid 1/20 scale again ! 

Dang.  I love checking out your builds, and I was really interested in this one, seeming to be so far outside your usual interests.  Ya got me good!!

Is it a "classic" or "new" beetle?  I can't tell from the angle...

9 hours ago, berr13 said:

Dang.  I love checking out your builds, and I was really interested in this one, seeming to be so far outside your usual interests.  Ya got me good!!

Is it a "classic" or "new" beetle?  I can't tell from the angle...

Oh, it's definitely a classic beetle - design hasn't changed in millions of years! ?

9 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Only because he's got more of them around his house! Doh!?

It's funny, but that was sort of my "inspiration" for pulling this stupid prank!

I was out in my yard the other day & saw a little bright green beetle chasing ants around on my sidewalk.

Of course when I went in for a closer look The whole "metallic green beetle" thing struck me.

I just had to post it & see what sort of reaction I would get.

I tried shooting a photo of the bug, but unfortunately, my photographic skills are very limited.

So I opted for a stock photo, which I guess makes it a "stock metallic green beetle" :D...........Sorry. -_-

Anyway, you have all been very good sports & if the moderators believe that this thread has outlived it's welcome in the "Under Glass" section, they are more than welcome to shut it down.

Thanks guys!

I enjoyed all of your responses!

Steve

10 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

It's funny, but that was sort of my "inspiration" for pulling this stupid prank!

I was out in my yard the other day & saw a little bright green beetle chasing ants around on my sidewalk.

Of course when I went in for a closer look The whole "metallic green beetle" thing struck me.

I just had to post it & see what sort of reaction I would get.

I tried shooting a photo of the bug, but unfortunately, my photographic skills are very limited.

So I opted for a stock photo, which I guess makes it a "stock metallic green beetle" :D...........Sorry. -_-

Anyway, you have all been very good sports & if the moderators believe that this thread has outlived it's welcome in the "Under Glass" section, they are more than welcome to shut it down.

Thanks guys!

I enjoyed all of your responses!

Steve

If they're going after the Ants I would leave them alone. I personally thought your Green Beetles thing was tongue in cheek and funny anyway.   

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thatz4u said:

back in the 60's I loved their "Sgt Pepper" album.....:D

HAH! AS I was reading down through the posts I was just waiting for a reference like this. It just HAD to happen. :lol:

Edited by smhardesty