Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished 2018 Sheldon Creed ARCA Toyota

MarkJ

It took 161 hours to complete this project. If you followed the wip, you would have seen my attempt at changing a 1/24 scale Revell Jimmie Johnson snap kit Chevy into a 2018 ARCA Toyota, which I think is really a 2016 Camry. It's certainly nothing like the current Nascar Toyota. It was an interesting build but I won't be doing anymore of these.

fin2018sheltoy9_2.jpg

fin2018sheltoy2_2.jpg

fin2018sheltoy3_2.jpg

fin2018sheltoy12_2.jpg

fin2018sheltoy13_2.jpg

fin2018sheltoy6_2.jpg

fin2018sheltoy7_2.jpg

fin2018sheltoy16_2.jpg

1 hour ago, Old Coyote said:

Another outstanding build Mark ........... but then again all of your builds are outstanding ............ a lot of work went into this one and the results are spectacular.

Thanks, John. I really appreciate the feedback

June 8, 2018

BROOKLYN, Mich. – Sheldon Creed finally earned his first ARCA Racing Series victory during Friday’s 100-lap ZOMONGO 200 at Michigan Int’l Speedway.

Creed, in the No. 28 United Rentals Toyota, dominated the final two-thirds of the race. He took the lead on lap 37 of the 100-lap show and never let it go. In the end, the Alpine, Calif., driver pulled away from runner-up finisher Riley Herbst to win the 37th running of the ZOMONGO 200 Friday afternoon at Michigan Int’l Speedway.

This is a photo of Sheldon Creed winning the ZOMONGO 200

Edited by Vietnam Vet67

Thanks, Bruce and thanks Ed for posting the winning picture for Sheldon. I enjoyed watching the race, but thought how is this one going to be taken away from him like the ones at Dytona and Talladega were, with the stupid caution flag rule, ARCA has, at the end of a race. Hopefully this is the first of many wins for the Showstopper.