Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black Cherry Revell Foose FD-100 Completed! 09-23-18

Thanks for all the comments, guys. As hard as I tried, I could not quite get it finished for the show. But I did get it mocked up enough to have something presentable, so I put it on the table anyway. Chip Foose was at the show and judged the Foose entries, and even though mine was not eligible, he liked what I had done and we talked about it for a little bit. He liked the color and wheel selection, which made my day.

Before the show, I got the wheels painted and the chassis mostly put together, including some modifications to the rear shocks, adding some real springs.
IMG_9403-vi.jpg

IMG_9399-vi.jpg

IMG_9400-vi.jpg

IMG_9396-vi.jpg

IMG_9397-vi.jpg

Edited by Art Laski

The LA Roadster Show was a two day show, and Friday was pretty quiet, so I thought I would use some of that time to finish the build. I didn't quite make it. I still have to correct the fit issues with the cab and add the door handles and gas cap. I'd also like to re-shoot the Alclad on the grill and bumpers, and get the final decals on.

IMG_9413-vi.jpg

IMG_9418-vi.jpg

IMG_9419-vi.jpg

Snyder26-vi.jpg

IMG_9420-vi.jpg

Edited by Art Laski

17 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

Really diggin the colour combo Art.

And the shine on the body is just right,...is that a 2 part clear..?

Looking really sharp,..Cheers

Hi Bruce, yes, it's PPG Omni Urethane 2 part, with reducer. Thanks for the comment!

2 hours ago, Mooneyzs said:

Art... I must be living under a rock, didn't see this til now. This is one awesome and outstanding build. Love all you have done to it. Nice work Brother!

Hey Chris! Thanks for checking it out. Always appreciate the comments!

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the Foose FD 100 pickup just in time for the Cruisin’ for a Cure Show, after not quite making the LA Roadster Show in June. The chassis had a severe twist in it and wouldn’t sit on all four wheels, so I had to disassemble the truck and get another chassis from a new kit and rebuild it. Thanks to Bruce Snyder from San Diego Model Car Club for providing the kit for me. The build has an MAD pre-wired distributor, and a Pro Tech machined breather, wire looms, and T fittings on it, available from our store at www.scaleproshop.com.

1537678121158-vi.jpg

Here it is Under Glass: Black Cherry Pickup Under Glass

Edited by Art Laski