Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name those parts #4

Ok, I'll match it up with the Round 2 reissue that I have. I've been thinking it was a Pontiac hood, never even thought about it being a Ford.

The hood cover is a match for a custom part on a mid 70s Dodge van.

Now, if anyone knows what car the orange hood goes to....

37 minutes ago, Bucky said:

Orange hood has me stumped. Do you have a grille that might match up to the contours on the hood?

No, I don't. The hood was loose in a box full of miscellaneous parts. It's a smaller size, like a Mustang or Cougar. And it has hook hinges like an old AMT or MPC kit from the 60s. Other than that, I have no clue.

I can't even tell if it's a stock or custom hood. Although the fiberglass texture on the bottom tells me it might be the latter. 

That orange hood might be the custom hood from an AMT '76 Nova.  There would be a custom front end piece to go with it.  I've never had that kit, so it's a guess.  There was no stock/custom '75 Nova, and the '77 had all of the optional parts eliminated.  So, if it's from the Nova, it has to be a '76. 

1 hour ago, Mark said:

That orange hood might be the custom hood from an AMT '76 Nova.  There would be a custom front end piece to go with it.  I've never had that kit, so it's a guess.  There was no stock/custom '75 Nova, and the '77 had all of the optional parts eliminated.  So, if it's from the Nova, it has to be a '76. 

I looked up AMT 76 Nova online. Kit no. is T472, but I couldn't find any pictures of the contents. If anybody can find pictures of the parts for this kit or the instruction sheet, please post it here. I'm dying to know where this part came from. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Mark said:

That orange hood might be the custom hood from an AMT '76 Nova. 

2 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I looked up AMT 76 Nova online. Kit no. is T472, but I couldn't find any pictures of the contents.

Do a "Completed Items" search on eBay, and you'll likely get some hits with images...see top right of below image:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Rare-Vintage-AMT-1976-Chevy-Nova-1-25-Scale-Model-Car-Kit-T472-/273224889345?nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=TdL1tcmxwBcP8l%2FjiXzKD5svIiw%3D&orig_cvip=true

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Casey