[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

I'm scheduling a maintenance window tonight starting at 9PM Pacific Daylight time. Might be down for a while, so you west coasters should plan on building something tonight. 

Finis

Edited by Classicgas
Dont want this post

I like the Camo paint job. The FI ? on the engine, is that part of the kit?

Thanks. Black and Tan are decals. Yes, FI is in kit, only induction option and not prototypical. Bears resemblance to Chevys if of the large 50s early 60s.

I read somewhere that the tires in this kit could only be mounted in such a way that the tread would be incorrect on one side of the truck.  But...your build looks like it should.  Can you elaborate?  Nice work, by the way.

That is partially correct. If you mount them the easy and better fitting way by not removing the webbing, they face different directions on each side. I cut it out to make them the same direction, but they are a very loose and poor fit on the rims that way. I hope that helps. And thanks.

Kind of on the fence about this kit as I am a Ford guy but your build is sharp and I am leaning towards getting one. Great build.

Fantastic build on your GMC, I really like it....

Looks Awesome!! Great work!! I built the "High Roller" version years ago. Did they remove the Ground Hawg lettering from the tires?

I’ve been meaning to pick up this kit for nostalgia purposes. Growing up in rural Virginia you couldn’t throw a dead cat in the high school parking lot w/o hitting a jacked-up, late 70s gmc/chevy. None of em looked as good as your representation, though. Very nice detail work.

Great built! I'm wondering that Revell put decals for the camo in the kit. Let me say, it's a "funny" thing. But for me as a non-WWII-plane-builder it's a good idea. To less experience in brushing camo.