Model Cars Magazine Forum

'48 Chevy Aerosedan

Mahogany Rush

Finally finished this as I had to wait on replacement glass (provided by Hi-Po), thanx a bunch! Nice kit that fit together pretty good. Nice engine detail. I went with a 2-tone scheme as I haven't seen one like it. Went with Rustoleum Gloss Almond for the body/hood, then Rustoleum Gloss Kona Brown for the fenders, the engine was done with Rustoleum Warm Caramel and the interior main color was Rustoleum Satin Nutmeg. No clear coat on this one. Thanx for looking!

48aerosedanboxart

48chevy1

48chevy2

48chevy3

48chevy4

48chevy6

48chevy5

Edited by Mahogany Rush
added engine pic

I noticed that the gas tank, spare wheel well has been switched around, never seen a car with the tail pipe under a gas tank, I sympathize with the fit of the hood, mine is a bad fit also, I glued it shut.... nice model I like the colors....

17 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Very nice work. Three other things besides the bumper issue mentioned, The carpet in the interior, paint it flat, no chrome under door and over rear wheels, and engine should be a medium gray/blue.

It has carpet like the rear window ledge , just after the pic was taken. The chrome was to hide the sloppy transition of the two-tone and since it had no chrome lines on the fenders. The engine was my choice not to go with stock blue paint, my preference.

On 6/16/2018 at 8:33 PM, Lovefordgalaxie said:

Looks great, with nice color combo, and very clean execution. 

The interior looks great!!

The rear bumper needs fixing tough. The rear splash shield needs to go in the backside of the bumper, and not on top of the bumperettes. Easy fix tough.

I see what you mean. My thought was that the trunk release would be directly behind the middle bumperette, so I placed it lower on purpose, but after staring at it, it does look way wrong. I will fix it now. thanx