[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
ranma

1966 Pontiac TEMPEST

Recommended Posts

Started with a Revell '66 GTO, And converting it into the '66 Tempest that my grandmother had. That is before she gave it to my oldest sister, and before my dad re painted it blue ( my sister didn't like the original paint color). Mock up as the wheel's/axles engine ect are just sitting in place and not glued.

DSC02931.JPG

DSC02932.JPG

DSC02933.JPG

DSC02934.JPG

DSC02935.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good, did this same kinda this with a Monogram 64 GTO to a LaMans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great that is one of my next projects I am do a 68 Tempest and a low end 64 tempest now and the 66 67 after that. This were I'm at now and hope to have a full lay out soon.

Models 006.jpg

Models 009 (1).jpg

Models in progress 004 (1).jpg

Models 003.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neat project; I like personal/specific model builds like this. What engine is that? (From what kit?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did you do the taillights? I have this one on the build list except mine (1:1) was a 66 Lemans 2dr sedan with a 389 4speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice,

Would love to know how you did the tail lights.

 

many many years ago my very 1st car was a white 1966 Tempest. OHC 6 cyl auto. White with blue bench seat  interior. 

I think someday I would like to make a replica of that car. I paid a whole $50 for it. put another $25 into it. sold it  maybe 6 months later for $200.  I took my drivers test in that car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 8:20 AM, rickcaps55 said:

Looks great that is one of my next projects I am do a 68 Tempest and a low end 64 tempest now and the 66 67 after that. This were I'm at now and hope to have a full lay out soon.

Models 006.jpg

 

Those exposed headlights look great. How did you do them? I want to do that on a '69 GTO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Those exposed headlights look great. How did you do them? I want to do that on a '69 GTO.

Hi the head lights are the ones used on the 64 and 65 AMT Thunderbird I had got them from Modelhause. and the tail lights on the 64 also came from Modelhause those are the taillights from the AMT 61 Buick with the ends cut off they were the right shape with the 3 lines in them. BUT.! if you want to do the  GTO with the head lights showing you can contact Kevin at Missing Link Resin he makes the parts you need to do that I have them and they look great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rickcaps55 said:

Hi the head lights are the ones used on the 64 and 65 AMT Thunderbird I had got them from Modelhause. and the tail lights on the 64 also came from Modelhause those are the taillights from the AMT 61 Buick with the ends cut off they were the right shape with the 3 lines in them. BUT.! if you want to do the  GTO with the head lights showing you can contact Kevin at Missing Link Resin he makes the parts you need to do that I have them and they look great.

Thanks! I'll check that out!B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2018 at 10:28 PM, bisc63 said:

Neat project; I like personal/specific model builds like this. What engine is that? (From what kit?)

OHC6 came from a AMT 69 Pontiac T/A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 10:44 AM, OldTrucker said:

How did you do the taillights? I have this one on the build list except mine (1:1) was a 66 Lemans 2dr sedan with a 389 4speed.

The tail lights were made from one of the GTO's tail lights . Trimmed down to the be close to the right shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ranma said:

OHC6 came from a AMT 69 Pontiac T/A

I bought one of those 1969 Firebird - T/A kits ( the 1979 reissue whose name is White Light'ning [sic] ) just for its OHC-6 and its Motor Wheels Spyder wheels .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now