Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Pontiac TEMPEST

ranma

Started with a Revell '66 GTO, And converting it into the '66 Tempest that my grandmother had. That is before she gave it to my oldest sister, and before my dad re painted it blue ( my sister didn't like the original paint color). Mock up as the wheel's/axles engine ect are just sitting in place and not glued.

DSC02931.JPG

DSC02932.JPG

DSC02933.JPG

DSC02934.JPG

DSC02935.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Nice,

Would love to know how you did the tail lights.

Ā 

many many years ago my very 1st car was a white 1966 Tempest. OHC 6 cyl auto. White with blue bench seatĀ  interior.Ā 

I think someday I would like to make a replica of that car. I paid a whole $50 for it. put another $25 into it. sold itĀ  maybe 6 months later for $200.Ā  I took my drivers test in that car.

On 6/11/2018 at 8:20 AM, rickcaps55 said:

Looks great that is one of my next projects I am do a 68 Tempest and a low end 64 tempest now and the 66 67 after that. This were I'm at now and hope to have a full lay out soon.

Models 006.jpg

Ā 

Those exposed headlights look great. How did you do them? I want to do that on a '69 GTO.

10 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Those exposed headlights look great. How did you do them? I want to do that on a '69 GTO.

Hi the head lights are the ones used on the 64 and 65 AMT Thunderbird I had got them from Modelhause. and the tail lights on the 64 also came from Modelhause those are the taillights from the AMT 61 Buick with the ends cut off they were the right shape with the 3 lines in them. BUT.! if you want to do theĀ  GTO with the head lights showing you can contact Kevin at Missing Link Resin he makes the parts you need to do that I have them and they look great.

2 hours ago, rickcaps55 said:

Hi the head lights are the ones used on the 64 and 65 AMT Thunderbird I had got them from Modelhause. and the tail lights on the 64 also came from Modelhause those are the taillights from the AMT 61 Buick with the ends cut off they were the right shape with the 3 lines in them. BUT.! if you want to do theĀ  GTO with the head lights showing you can contact Kevin at Missing Link Resin he makes the parts you need to do that I have them and they look great.

Thanks! I'll check that out!B)

On 6/22/2018 at 10:44 AM, OldTrucker said:

How did you do the taillights? I have this one on the build list except mine (1:1) was a 66 Lemans 2dr sedan with a 389 4speed.

The tail lights were made from one of the GTO's tail lights . Trimmed down to the be close to the right shape.