Model Cars Magazine Forum

1979 - 1987 Ford LTD & LTD Crown Victoria 4dr (Police)

DEL

Having done the 1988 - 1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria, I thought I'd back up and do the earlier version that begins with the downsize in 1979.

Since most of the tough work of the overall body was done in the 91 CVPI master, I took one of the test shots of the body that Greg had cast and sent me and tried to see how far I could get in modifying that into the basic 79-87 box form. And since Mike Schnur removed the header panel on the 91 to facilitate casting of the 91, that helps too because there are two basic header panel shapes and three maybe four different grilles that came and went on the car in those years.  All I have to do is create each header/grille and that along with the taillight treatment (2 versions there) will decide which year is depicted.

So, just to see how hard modifying resin would be I tackled the rear section first.  And then I did the hood.  Next up are those headers and bumpers.  Here are a few pics..

180610 - 79-87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria (2).JPG

180610 - 79-87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria (3).JPG

180610 - 79-87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria (7).JPG

180610 - 79-87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria (8).JPG

180610 - 79-87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria (9).JPG

Edited by DEL

Thanks, Anthony!!  And all...   Ahem;   ..."War is Hell"

Well,

I have my own take on that adage:  "Carving headers out of stock strip styrene is HELL!"   A few pics of the in progress of the early 79-82 LTD - S Single-headlight header panel...

180617 - 79 - 82 LTD-S Header const (1).JPG

180617 - 79 - 82 LTD-S Header const (7).JPG

180617 - 79 - 82 LTD-S Header const (8).JPG

Edited by DEL

Thanks, AM..

As I've said before in other threads, I subscribe to the MAD Magazine philposophy of modeling:. Take a lump of plastic or whatever and a  knife. Using the knife, skillfully cut away everything on the lump of plastic that DOES NOT look like you're subject goal. Voilà!  A intricately detailed model of your favorite subject.

Feel free to use it as you wish with no restrictions. :P