Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Camaro Z28---Done!!

Dragonhawk1066

Build #3 for the year is the Revell 1969 Camaro Z28 1/25 scale. My wife picked the color combo and chose this front end over the RS front, and I think she chose pretty well. Color is Tamiya TS-12 Orange over their white primer with the kit stripe decals, then cleared with TS-13, wet sanded and polished with Novus #2 and then #1. I added plug wires and used BMF for the trim. Most of the build was fairly straight-forward and went together well. I did have some problems with both the front suspension (contact points were a little iffy) and rear suspension (I much prefer the one piece rears with leaf springs molded to the axle/differential housing for stability), but that patience thing won out in the end. I also would have preferred for the Z28 emblems be decals rather than the fairly fragile chromed emblems as two of them broke even though I felt I was pretty careful with them. Gauge decals for the dash would have been nice too, but you really can't see the gauges when interior is complete anyways. All in all this was a pretty good kit and I am very happy with the final result.

DSCN2597.JPG

DSCN2598.JPG

DSCN2599.JPG

DSCN2600.JPG

DSCN2603.JPG

DSCN2604.JPG

DSCN2605.JPG

DSCN2608.JPG

DSCN2575.JPG

DSCN2609.JPG

22 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Nice job of the white stripes on the cowl vents. That's a detail that many ignore or overlook because it's not easy to do, especially in white. Good to see it taken care of for a change. B)

Thanks, I knew I couldn't leave just the decal outline around the vents, I just needed to get the  right shade of white to get close enough to the decal color. That's not as easy as most would assume.

On 6/11/2018 at 4:02 PM, Snake45 said:

Nice job of the white stripes on the cowl vents. That's a detail that many ignore or overlook because it's not easy to do, especially in white. Good to see it taken care of for a change. B)

Also getting the stripes around the spoiler, great job!