[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

I'm scheduling a maintenance window tonight starting at 9PM Pacific Daylight time. Might be down for a while, so you west coasters should plan on building something tonight. 

This is the AMT/Ertl snap kit, built as a junker. I added some of the inner fender structure, and a set of mirrors from a Chevrolet C1500. Other than that, the body was heavily weathered and a few dents and dings were added, and I tossed in a mis-matched tailgate for good measure, and because I realized I had forgotten to paint the tailgate until I got to final assembly. I also lowered the rear suspension to simulate spring shackles that had rusted and broken away. 

100_0539.thumb.JPG.0872964402beb9565247e423dcbb62c5.JPG100_0540.thumb.JPG.184b2eebfc69972540bf1a0c3293288b.JPG100_0541.thumb.JPG.0e80445d769d3cc1c474281059ddf01a.JPG

This looks how a beaten down Dodge should look... Good use of the kit, I have  this kit and I was thinking about doing some lite road weathering on it.

Nice job Chuck! Glad to see you don't discriminate when it comes to rust and weathering vehicles.

Looks like someone put new tires and wheels on this old truck.  :)

A.J.

On 6/16/2018 at 12:59 PM, maxwell48098 said:

Looks like someone put new tires and wheels on this old truck.  :)

A.J.

That makes it worth an extra grand on craigslist :)

:lol: cool answer.

Holy mother! You're missing half of the front fender :o. Hope you don't get into trouble because ot the missing headlight too ;) This one looks surely good near by your trailer salesman's truck. Crazy stuff but good.