Model Cars Magazine Forum

24 Hours of Le Mans Build

Jhedir6

Thanks Guys! Again was great fun! Yesterday I managed to get some pics of the body out in the sun before I had to run off for my sons school trip to the museum. I have since livery'ed it up but i forgot to print the Castrol logo for the roof so will sort that out today. I also decided that the ride height was way to high so cut & dropped it last night. More pics soon

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

Very nice Ash. Looking forward to seeing the artwork on this. I love the green.

I dont know why, but I forgot to post my "finished" pics before the end of the race.

Technically I didnt get it 100% done. I had a few small details to paint up but the clear ended up being a bit softer than I'd like for handling so I left if alone to harden up. I figured it was better to come away with something I was happy with, then have it be ruined just to "finish on time".

I still need to mask and paint the window frames and detail the center nuts on the wheels. I also plan on "dirtying it up" some to hide my few overspray spots from a rushed masking job. Even though I was rushed the paint came out great.No sanding, buffing or polishing. Primer, paint, masking, decals then clear and no wet sanding on the clear either and it looks great. I got no orange peel what so ever. All in all I'm really happy with the results. 

20180617_083710-vi.jpg

20180617_083724-vi.jpg

I'm off tomorrow, so the plan is to get this finished off.