Model Cars Magazine Forum

Talked to a Psychic today.....

So I talked to a fortune teller today, she told me there would be Money and Travel in my future. I was a bit skeptical until I found a Canadian quarter on the side walk..........

Now I not only have money, but I have to travel all the way to Canada to spend it! 

:P

Good one!  The Los Angeles Police Department...and I'm tempted to say "naturally"...conducted 2 scientific studies into the use of psychics.  I lived in L.A. a long time, and there were always psychics claiming they had consulted with the LAPD.  Which I guess is true, if by "consulted" they meant they called the LAPD and tried to insert themselves into a high-profile case.

Link to full article about the studies below.  But the next time you hear some publicity-hog TV psychic claiming they worked with the LAPD, here's the bottom line straight from the horse's mouth, their Public Relations office:  "The LAPD has not, does not, and will not use psychics in the investigation of  crimes. Period. If a psychic offers free information to us over  the phone, we will listen to them politely, but we do not take  them seriously. It is a waste of time."

http://daktologistindustries.com/totse_archive/en/technology/science_technology/lapd.html