Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Camaro hood ?

I believe the original issue of the Revell '67 Camaro has the correct '67 SS hood. They're not that hard to find, and someone might be willing to swap you for the cool Stinger hood. 

BTW, I'm getting in the mood to do a tutorial on fixing the Revell '67 Camaro body, similar to my piece on fixing the AMT '67-'68. If you really want to do a first-rate model of your car, you might want to wait for that. Unless of course you already know what to do. B)

Edited by Snake45

22 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I believe the original issue of the Revell '67 Camaro has the correct '67 SS hood. They're not that hard to find, and someone might be willing to swap you for the cool Stinger hood. 

BTW, I'm getting in the mood to do a tutorial on fixing the Revell '67 Camaro body, similar to my piece on fixing the AMT '67-'68. If you really want to do a first-rate model of your car, you might want to wait for that. Unless of course you already know what to do. B)

Thanks. I will wait for your tutorial to come out. This is a future project anyway. Trading the stinger hood would work for me. I will start looking around for one. 

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I've searched the forums for the AMT Camaro fix you mentioned and cannot seem to find it.  Can you provide a link/reference?

For those who want a head start on building an accurate '67-'68 RS Camaro out of the Revell kit, start shopping for a resin repop of the grille from the original annual AMT '67 SS350 kit or promo, or the AMT '67 Pace Car promo. The difference between the two is that the SS kit one will say SS350 and the Pace Car grille will just say SS. Modelhaus made these but of course they're gone now. But I believe others have also repopped these parts--I've seen them on eBay. NOTE that you do NOT want the RS grille from the MPC '68, which is both too small and not accurate. You want AMT '67 parts. 

I'll illustrate the differences when I do my tutuorial. 

Also, don't worry about whether your repop grille is chromed or not. Most of it will be painted black anyway, and you can handle the little chrome necessary with foil or Molotow (or even Sharpie). 

22 minutes ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Jon, if you are not soon starting, I can trade the SS hood for the cowl hood if you would like.  All the stuff is boxed up now and we'll back in Camas some time late July (unless the mover schedule gets hosed).  I'll bring it to a SABA meeting

Sounds great Gerry. Not starting on it yet, Too many club build challenges going on. Thanks