Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amazon is incredible

NYLIBUD

Amazon is a really an amazing company when it comes to shipping.Today before 10 am,I get a delivery.And before that,they actually delivered something,via USPS on Sunday's,and even holidays.

Edited by NYLIBUD

You think that''s quick? Wait until the drone deliveries start!  :D

But seriously, I do see USPS delivery vehicles out on both weekend days delivering packages.  They probably have some special deal with Amazon.  But back in the day (decades ago), you could mail something using "special delivery" method and it would be delivered in Sundays too. At least that is how I remember it.

I ordered somehting yesterday afternoon. Free two day shipping, they've guaranteed delivery on Saturday. Should be interesting becuase I have everything delivered to me at work, and we're not open on weekends. And most of my stuff arrives via Canada Post, which definitely doesn't work on weekends.

I'm a big fan of Amazon. As my credit card will attest.

Only real gripe I have with Amazon is that they don't accept PayPal, which I think is just stupid. PayPal's painless money-back guarantee makes it my go-to payment method, so I tend to only use Amazon if something just isn't available elsewhere.

Interestingly, I'm seeing more eBay sellers having orders processed through Amazon, but accepting PayPal through the 'Bay. Best of both worlds.

It's hard to beat Prime..been an Amazon Prime member for years, get deliveries 4-5 days a week at times..beats having to go to Target/etc and deal w/ parking and crowds of human resource units.  I use Amazon for most household products, pet supplies, etc. 

Edited by Rob Hall

On 6/13/2018 at 11:45 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Amazon is a really ab amazing company when it comes to shipping.Today before 10 am,I get a delivery.And before that,they actually delivered something,via USPS on Sunday's,and even holidays.

You guys are actually receiving package delivery on Sundays via the Post Office? Must be a bigger city thing. I live in a town of around 10,000 and I can promise you there is no delivery on Sunday or a holiday via our Post Office. That's a pretty nice service to have. I hope you all appreciate it. It's just one more "con" on the list of pros and cons of living in a small town.

4 hours ago, smhardesty said:

You guys are actually receiving package delivery on Sundays via the Post Office? Must be a bigger city thing. I live in a town of around 10,000 and I can promise you there is no delivery on Sunday or a holiday via our Post Office. That's a pretty nice service to have. I hope you all appreciate it. It's just one more "con" on the list of pros and cons of living in a small town.

Around here it is one USPS worker in a big van that delivers to a LARGE area on Sundays and some Holidays. I have also received items late at night on Saturday that were supposed to be delivered on Sunday.

I had interesting discussion with a clerk at my post office. Seems that because of the increased number of packages being sent they are processing the priority packages so they can be delivered on Sunday.  If they don't it overloads Monday. Thought it was interesting because the post office was trying to stop delivery on Saturdays.

In Canada there is no Saturday or Sunday delivery. The Post Office is closed. If you have a package it can be picked up at an auxiliary site at the grocery store but don't bother going to look at your postal box on the weekends or holidays.

Ok that's it,I'm not buying any more diecast.Ive got my Mopar collection.A couple of exotics,81Camaro,and now a Yenko GMP Nova.I sold a ton of these cars years ago,and now I'm collecting some again,it's sort of weird.Although I'am looking for a triple black 69 Dart.I have a dark green 71 Dart,dogdish wheels.Nice kit,But not the 69.

Here in the Philly burbs,  Amazon employs private package delivery service.  Lots of complaints on our local town email chain.  Seems these guys slow down and toss the packages on the lawns.  We have curbside mail boxes.  USPS will bring a large package up to the front door.  UPS puts it in front of my garage door.  

A funny story about Sunday or holiday deliveries.  Many years ago USPS announced that Priority Mail would be delivered on Christmas Day.   This was back when my kids were kids, and we're opening presents and the door bell rings.  Who could that be on Christmas morning?   I open the door and there's a mail man with a big smile like he's delivering the holy grail to us that will make our holiday.  I wish him a Merry Christmas and send him on his way.  I didn't want to ruin his spirit by telling him the package was just some eBay model parts car purchase!