Model Cars Magazine Forum

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REVELL-FOOSE-DESIGN-1956-FORD-FD-100-PICKUP-BRAND-NEW/183233087090?hash=item2aa98b0672:g:1REAAOSw3h1ZQB1A

I have pretty much given up on getting one of these kits.  I had seen the shelf tag at both HL remotely close to me (60miles)... shelf was always empty & last time there tag ...replace with something else.

Seen this listing on the bay...as my son would say. "Im over it"

4 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

... I hope he is stuck with it forever!

He will be. There are at least two others for around $90 that haven't moved either.

Unfortunately, the free market system encourages greedtards, but there's likely nobody stupid enough to pay those numbers.

And Revell will be back. These fools are going to look like real morons when the kits are reintroduced for $30.

Patience, grasshopper.

Like there's a shortage of '56 Ford truck kits! :rolleyes:

Personally, I wouldn't give you $10.00 for this kit even it was the last one in existence.

I don't think that some of these guys understand the definition of a rare kit, & anybody that would pay this guy more than about $25.00 for this kit is a bigger fool than he is!

Steve

15 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

The funny thing is I saw a listing for the Eldorod caddy and its $22 plus 8 shipping. Its the same for most of the other foose kits.

The Cadillac kits are still readily available, at least around here.  I did see a pickup kit at HL a week or two ago, but it was gone by the next time I was there.

Most, if not all, other Revell kits are still available in my area.  There hasn't been any sort of speculation run on them as far as I can see.  They'll be back in one form or another.  Meanwhile, if I see some goober laying out $100 apiece for these kits, he can have my third pickup (and maybe even my second Model A coupe).

I respect their skills (Foose and Coddington that is) but don't like either's cars much, they both seem to prefer wheels that are too large in diameter for my taste and their designs are neither wild enough to fire my imagination or functional enough to appeal to me. Thankfully to the best of my knowledge neither designer has yet picked on a BMW.  I do like Marmite by the way. But that's way off topic!

Each to their own.:)

Edited by DonW
clarification

4 hours ago, bubbaman said:

i don` t like  FOOSE so anything his  is a  NO  NO

Ditto. Oversized wheels with rubber band tires just won't do it for me. Vehicles with those big wheels and rubber band tires remind me of Donks. Everyone has their own personal likes and dislikes. Foose's designs just don't do it for me. I can appreciate the amount of work he puts into his creations, but it's just not something I like. A factory stock muscle car or tastefully done Day 2 car is much more attractive and interesting to me. And I certainly don't mean any disrespect to anyone that does like Foose's work. If we all liked exactly the same thing it would make for a pretty boring place to be. When I view a model build of a Foose vehicle I simply move on without commenting. Nothing good would come from a derogatory comment, so I make sure to refrain form posting anything negative. I usually appreciate the work involved in creating such a build. It just doesn't appeal to me.Yes, I place a Coddington creation in the same basket as Foose. I know they each have a tremendous following, but it's just not for me.

14 hours ago, Khils said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REVELL-FOOSE-DESIGN-1956-FORD-FD-100-PICKUP-BRAND-NEW/183233087090?hash=item2aa98b0672:g:1REAAOSw3h1ZQB1A

I have pretty much given up on getting one of these kits.  I had seen the shelf tag at both HL remotely close to me (60miles)... shelf was always empty & last time there tag ...replace with something else.

Seen this listing on the bay...as my son would say. "Im over it"

Same thing happened with Revell's '30 Model A Coupe.  I scored two more after it's demise. You must stay diligent. 

RMX-4326-2.jpg

4 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

How long till the warehouse is empty ?

THE warehouse doesn't exist anymore. It's closed and most of those people work at Horizon Hobby now. The Revell kits in the retail market are what are left in secondary mainline distributors (Tower under it's new owners, Stevens, Squadron, HTUSA, HL, Tru Value, Hobby Time, Wal*Mart, etc) and what's on the shelves at the storefront.

I grabbed the last Revell Jeep Honcho from my local HL for $18, but they were out of Foose P/Us, the Baja Bronco, and "Big Game" (aka High Roller) GMC.

Edited by niteowl7710

I have zero interest in that kit myself, but I just checked all the online American vendors I use, in case I could help: FreeTime, Hobbylinc, MegaHobby, Model Roundup, Scale Hobbyist, and Tower.  Sorry gang, none of them has the Foose pickup kit in stock. 

(Soapbox) Even if I wanted one, I'd never pay that kind of price for it.  I checked that eBay seller's other items.  He has some other kits marked up to nosebleed prices as well, including a couple he probably bought at Ollie's for $7.99. "If it's at Ollie's, it must be discontinued and RARE!!! Ka-Ching!" (/Soapbox)

Michael , I too have no use for ANYTHING Boyd Coddington or Chip Foose . Boy oh boy , let the HATE MAIL POUR IN !!!!!! Now , with that outta the way , I'd like a CORRECT 1956 Ford cab , one that didn't have the "Bug eyed " grille or the over rounded corners the Revell kit has . Course too AMT could do us a favor by taking the Grille out of the old MPC 1953 kit and placing it in the ORIGINAL 1953 Ford F-100 kit . Ford NEVER offered a Chrome Grille in a 53 due to the Chrome shortage then ! YES, the TEETH ARE CORRECT , BUT ONLY ON A DELUXE CAB !!!!! ONLY the TEETH were chrome . . By the way , the hood on a deluxe cab SHOULD have a "Boomerang on the ID badges too " .

If we're really going to entertain the faux outrage at people being silly on eBay, I win the Internet with this Foose P/U on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Revell-Foose-FD-100-Pickup-Plastic/dp/B01NC2YI55?keywords=revell+foose&qid=1529106754&sr=8-2&ref=mp_s_a_1_2

But hey at least the shipping is free!

Edited by niteowl7710

• Xingu locked this topic