Model Cars Magazine Forum

GMC 9500 Tandem Tractor

This is the AITM short-nose 9500 cab kit, perched on top of an AMT GMC Astro 95. I modified the front wheels to fit the float tires from an Ertl IH Paystar, and made up mirror and exhaust brackets. All in all, one of the easiest conversions I've done in a while. Now I'm ready to order another one and the long-nose variant. :)

100_0556.thumb.JPG.3bb7c9d8b8cebbd6d907b094ca8b9b22.JPG

100_0557.thumb.JPG.1f64408b534d68bfed3eef49bcc86bc1.JPG

100_0558.thumb.JPG.94c0fedc0bc1824fd14eddece3faaa3f.JPG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, drinkone2 said:

That's a tough looking GMC. How did you do the windshields, did you fab your own moldings?

Yep- I used some plastic D-section and overlapped it a bit over the opening, so that the clear piece would fit flush against it from the inside. 

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Bumping this for a couple reasons. It now has two little sisters (thanks to the recently completed '79 Caballero), and also to honor Dave. 

spacer.png

Now if you will pardon me, the RJ's GMC General that I started right after doing the '72 service truck is calling me...

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 1:20 PM, Chuck Most said:

Bumping this for a couple reasons. It now has two little sisters (thanks to the recently completed '79 Caballero), and also to honor Dave. 

spacer.png

Now if you will pardon me, the RJ's GMC General that I started right after doing the '72 service truck is calling me...

Great looking combo, Chuck !