Model Cars Magazine Forum

NEW Round2 MPC 2018

Mr mopar

On 6/15/2018 at 11:40 AM, Eshaver said:

I'm again very dubious of this effort . What logo folks ? Coca Cola changed it's colors in the early 1960's from Yellow and Red to Red and White . You can take this MPC 1932 Chevrolet sedan delivery as proof . I actually talked to Coca Cola bottling representatives here locally when I did this one ........

1932ChevroletSeddelanModelTracer004_zps0dc36ea4.jpg

They've been pretty accurate with the previous issues of the.1940 Ford coupe, 1950 Chevrolet 3100 pickup, and the 1957 Chevrolet Bel-Air sedan Coca-Cola kits all being released in the proper to the era color schemes and decals. Don't really know why they might screw it up now, especially since any Coca-Cola endorsed products would have to be given a proper release from the Atlanta home offices first.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/15/2018 at 2:40 PM, Eshaver said:

I'm again very dubious of this effort . What logo folks ? Coca Cola changed it's colors in the early 1960's from Yellow and Red to Red and White . You can take this MPC 1932 Chevrolet sedan delivery as proof . I actually talked to Coca Cola bottling representatives here locally when I did this one ........

1932ChevroletSeddelanModelTracer004_zps0dc36ea4.jpg

Looks like the MPC Gangbusters police paddy wagon

The McEwen photos at https://www.dragracermag.com/features/feature-tom-the-mongoose-mcewens-tirend-top-fueler-part-2/

shows the car much closer to the Garlits chassis than I remember. Still I wish they'd tool up new panels for the Ivo FE car. The old Garlits body always struck me as wrong. It looks too heavy. Also the rear of the chassis is wrong. Its fixable but it will take a couple of hours.

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2018 at 8:39 AM, Daddyfink said:

So, which kit is getting "Mongoose" markings?  I suspect the Young American / Garlits car

Image result for mongoose trend activity dragster

For anyone who will be building the new Tom McEwen dragster, it is going for auction at Mecum. There are some picture up on the site, https://www.mecum.com/lots/AZ0319-366318/1968-tom-mcewen-tirend-activity-booster-top-fuel-dragster/?utm_source=AAInfoNet+Master&utm_campaign=10ecfedb65-AZ19_UglyJohn&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_fa410e9114-10ecfedb65-114077061&mc_cid=10ecfedb65&mc_eid=ecc85729c9

On 6/24/2018 at 8:46 PM, Phildaupho said:

At a swap meet today I bought an MPC Keep on Truckin' 32 Delivery Van kit which I think is from sometime in 1970's. Good to see the upcoming re-release will be properly identified as a Sedan Delivery. The body in this old kit is molded in white while everything else is black. The proportions of the body look pretty good to me but the shape of the top of the rear door is not correct as it should have rounded edges according to photos I have seen. I cut out the fender liner to try the body with the Revell 32 Ford frame, fenders, hood and grill. It will need some work where the body meets the gas tank but it is definitely doable. 

Bought the new reissue today at Hobby Lobby. First time I've seen it, but I haven't been in there since early December, so who knows when it arrived. So now I have three variations of MPC '32 Ford Switchers: 5-window unchopped, 5- window chopped, and Sedan Delivery. Were there others? 

32 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Bought the new reissue today at Hobby Lobby. First time I've seen it, but I haven't been in there since early December, so who knows when it arrived. So now I have three variations of MPC '32 Ford Switchers: 5-window unchopped, 5- window chopped, and Sedan Delivery. Were there others? 

I had a Switcher 32 Sedan and I am aware of an issue that came with both Sedan and Phaeton bodies

On 2/9/2019 at 1:33 PM, Snake45 said:

The original Switchers kits, circa 1972 or so, had a Roadster/Five Window Coupe version and a second kit with a Tudor sedan and Phaeton....TIM

4 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

The original Switchers kits, circa 1972 or so, had a Roadster/Five Window Coupe version and a second kit with a Tudor sedan and Phaeton....TIM

Thanks Tim. Haven't looked in the new box yet to see if the phaeton body is still in there. Doesn't matter to me...if it IS in there, I'll have it up for trade. B)

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Thanks Tim. Haven't looked in the new box yet to see if the phaeton body is still in there. Doesn't matter to me...if it IS in there, I'll have it up for trade. B)

No phaeton body, just the sedan body with windows all the way around. You have to install the rear windows and paint them for the sedan delivery body. There are a lot of extra parts that aren't mentioned on the instructions though.