[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Mr mopar

NEW Round2 MPC 2018

On 6/15/2018 at 11:40 AM, Eshaver said:

I'm again very dubious of this effort . What logo folks ? Coca Cola changed it's colors in the early 1960's from Yellow and Red to Red and White . You can take this MPC 1932 Chevrolet sedan delivery as proof . I actually talked to Coca Cola bottling representatives here locally when I did this one ........

1932ChevroletSeddelanModelTracer004_zps0dc36ea4.jpg

They've been pretty accurate with the previous issues of the.1940 Ford coupe, 1950 Chevrolet 3100 pickup, and the 1957 Chevrolet Bel-Air sedan Coca-Cola kits all being released in the proper to the era color schemes and decals. Don't really know why they might screw it up now, especially since any Coca-Cola endorsed products would have to be given a proper release from the Atlanta home offices first.

Posted (edited)

MPC 905 - 1/25 "Rat Trap" 1974 Chevy Vega Modified

Edited by Casey

On 6/15/2018 at 7:23 AM, Mr mopar said:

from Steven hobbies

MPC PLASTIC MODEL KITS MPC-900 1/25 Tom Mongoose McEwen 1968 Front Engine Dragster Tirend Activity Booster $31.95 TBA

MPC900TomMcEwenFED.thumb.jpg.9f8a0072cfd876fe8ddd5431a7ea1ac5.jpg

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Nice !!........ thx Casey !

On 11/26/2018 at 6:30 PM, Casey said:

What is the due date on this kit.?

On 6/15/2018 at 2:40 PM, Eshaver said:

I'm again very dubious of this effort . What logo folks ? Coca Cola changed it's colors in the early 1960's from Yellow and Red to Red and White . You can take this MPC 1932 Chevrolet sedan delivery as proof . I actually talked to Coca Cola bottling representatives here locally when I did this one ........

1932ChevroletSeddelanModelTracer004_zps0dc36ea4.jpg

Looks like the MPC Gangbusters police paddy wagon

Bob, it is the MPC 1932 Gangbuster's  police paddy wagon .....

5 hours ago, samdiego said:

31.95?

That's the MSRP, your mileage may vary.

The McEwen photos at https://www.dragracermag.com/features/feature-tom-the-mongoose-mcewens-tirend-top-fueler-part-2/

shows the car much closer to the Garlits chassis than I remember. Still I wish they'd tool up new panels for the Ivo FE car. The old Garlits body always struck me as wrong. It looks too heavy. Also the rear of the chassis is wrong. Its fixable but it will take a couple of hours.

I believe the Mongoose rail dragster is a 68' car ? 69' Tom McEwen was driving the funny car .