Model Cars Magazine Forum

NEW Round2 AMT 2018

Mr mopar

1 hour ago, modeladdict said:

That didn't last long, though longer than expected.

They also released the '90s Ford F-150 club cab, but again these are versions for the European market, if a US distributor picks them up and sells them in the US, of course they're going to be pretty expensive, compared to Revell kits produced packaged in and coming directly from China.

BTW this is nothing new, cuz remember when visiting my friends of VLS (later bought by Squadron) back in the early nillies, they too had re-boxed by Revell AG, Revell-Monogram kits on their shelves, and yes they were also expensive....

Still to early to know what's going to happen, and furthermore with recent trade wars between the US and the rest of the world, no one knows what's going to be the best way to get non US produced goods into the US in a economic way.....only the guys in wall street know and will play on that knowledge, to make lots of money,  Joe Average world wide will pick up the tab.

Edited by Luc Janssens

On 6/22/2018 at 6:39 PM, Luc Janssens said:

Revell Germany orders Revell-Monogram kits as bagged shots from China, which then get repackaged together with a euro instruction sheet and decals by Cartograph in a Revell Germany wrapper, in their production facility in Poland, to be sold in the European market place.

If US distributors order these euro spec US kits, then of course they will be much more expensive then those produced and marketed by Revell-Monogram.

There is absolutely nothing new about Revell Germany reboxing Revell US product...and because of that, if and when that box ends up in the US it's a lot more expensive.

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

Stevens has these items listed also...wonder what they will be..

AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-PP15 1/25 Garage Accessory Set #1 $28.95 TBA
AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-PP16 1/25 Garage Accessory Set #2 $30.95 TBA

Interesting

On 6/15/2018 at 10:34 AM, Dave Darby said:

All the Villa Riviera  parts have always been present (except maybe for the 70s Barris version) since the beginning. The only real alteration was widening the wire wheels.

Does anybody else but me see the irony of AMT issuing the Barris Kustom Riviera without the Barris custom parts?

5b3467ceea384_1-25-amt-ertl-65-buick-riviera-lowrider-cruisin-usa-barris-custom-20280-p(1)-1.jpg.a098da603522d1437dcc1ad7f240c844.jpg

On June 19, 2018 at 7:12 PM, ss2000 said:

Here’s a pic of the original, it fits the description on Stevens website. The ‘34  Ford pick up is also listed, no idea what boxart, but is listed as AMT.

935B7892-3340-4E04-AB20-A0DFA13CC2C4.jpeg

It does say Ford Cruising Van on Steven web site.  I hope it is this one in the picture above.  

AMT PLASTIC MODEL KITS AMT-1108 1/25 1977 Ford Cruising Van $31.95 TBA
Edited by crowe-t

That Ford van looks awesome! 

Is it just a re-repop of the "Vantom/Phantom Van" of a few years ago, but with updated decals? The only thing I don't like about the AMT van kits is the lack of interior. 

This one, though, would be okay, since it's a bone-stock factory package, I believe.

I'm waiting for this one, or at least more details! Never enough street vans. 

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, Casey said:

You got your wish. :)

Only the Riv and Garage Accessory kit look good to me this Round. I really don't need another '65 Riv. But, I love the box art, and have to build a custom based on that box art. The box art makes the '72 Nova more interesting. But, not enough for me to buy another one. Now they could reissue the Ventura II based on this same die. 

14 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

So, no gasser parts in the 55. That's a shame

Yeah, it is a shame. I'll probably give this one a pass this time around. I have at least three in the stash, and am working on one right now, and this kit is a royal PITA (at least my copy is--several body issues such as sinkmarks, and the whole front end is a backbirth). If they'd included all the gasser parts too, I'd have probably bought another one. 

2 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

What gasser parts are you guys expecting in that '55? That particular kit has only ever been a 2n1 Stock/Street Machine since it was tooled up in 1989.

Nope. At least one issue came with the old Nomad dropped front axle setup and other drag parts. I have one in the stash somewhere. 

5 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

What gasser parts are you guys expecting in that '55? That particular kit has only ever been a 2n1 Stock/Street Machine since it was tooled up in 1989.

1 minute ago, Snake45 said:

Nope. At least one issue came with the old Nomad dropped front axle setup and other drag parts. I have one in the stash somewhere. 

Yup, this one had all the Gasser goodies in it. 

Image result for amt 55 chevy

This one did not...

Related image

14 minutes ago, Dave Darby said:

And they could have included all of it. 

Yes they could have. And should have. And they'd have sold me at least one more. But now, no deal (at least until Ollie's blows them out cheap in a couple years).