Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Ford pickup by Revell, another of the models I've been building to duplicate vehicles I've owned in the past.  I had this 56 F100 in 1974, installed an 8' x 8' wooden flatbed and used it for moving.  This is the very first "weathered" model I've attempted, it's a challenge!

5b2595369bf2e_56fordc.jpg.c7c497e9c78e3786f332daf32c781a8f.jpg

5b2599869ccff_56forde.jpg.a56e13d9c4000bddcaac73bb660b9dc2.jpg

Edited by Harpo

The chassis looks nice and crusty so far. The exhaust cross over pipe mentioned by mikemodeler  was the way it was since very few if any F-100's of that time had duel exhaust. On one of my 1:1 '56 F-100 I just got a passenger car manifolds and the muffler shop did the rest.

I know you just painted the body, but if I could make a suggestion. That line at the rear edge of the front fender going up, is a mold line. Something left over from manufacturing the plactic part. As is the line at the edge of the top, just behind the top of the rear door corner. The removal of these will drastically improve the appearance of the model. 

I realize it sucks to see them now after a nice smooth paint job is laid down. Sorry.

Edited by Jantrix

Your'e absolutely right about those mold lines, I fixed some of them a bit but it's very hard to match paint texture!  Chassis/cab is basically done, bed will be the same as I had on the 1:1 version in 1974, an 8ft square wooden flatbed.  Weathering is a new challenge for me, but I'm happy so far:

5b302e0e5f89b_56fordF.jpg.a6f1d4f22790512840b35c04c770034f.jpg