Model Cars Magazine Forum

70/1 Camaro wheel question

aside from those pictured you also had the regular rally wheels and the stamped steel 5 spoke wheel that was on the Z28.

I imagine you could get any as an option. Had a neighbor that bought a base model Camaro with inline 6 and three speed manual trans and had the Z28 5 spoke wheels and Goodyear white letter tires..

These are the regular rally wheels Johnny mentions above. You can find them in all the AMT '72 Nova kits.

I don't think they were available from the factory like in '69 but I bet a dealer could have been talked into installing a set of the Corvette style 5-slot rally wheels or a set of Magnum 500s easy enough to make a sale.

1970 Chevrolet Camaro-03

14 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

I bet a dealer could have been talked into installing a set of...Magnum 500s easy enough to make a sale.

They would have been in the pipeline, as still being offered (standard, I think) on '70 Chevelle SS. It would have just been a matter of proper size and backspacing to fit the Camaro.