Model Cars Magazine Forum

I am not an expert on Brockway Trucks! So i need help identifying the model below. When i was a kid our fire company bought this truck from Dale fire co, as pictured. Instead of painting it to match the white & gold colors of our company, they just left it orange and lettered it, calling it the Orange Crush. Would like to build this, but don't know of any conversions for it. Any ideas?

orange crush.png

Looks like an early 1960's.  I looked at AITM but nothing close.

I saw this yesterday, looks close.  It's a 1964 B61 according to the tag.  Well, after some research, I'm starting to think the guy may have put B61 on the tag as the show was in Mack country as I'm not finding any references to a Brockway B61.

167661161.jpg

Edited by Warren D

On 6/17/2018 at 5:18 PM, Warren D said:

Looks like an early 1960's.  I looked at AITM but nothing close.

I saw this yesterday, looks close.  It's a 1964 B61 according to the tag.  Well, after some research, I'm starting to think the guy may have put B61 on the tag as the show was in Mack country as I'm not finding any references to a Brockway B61.

167661161.jpg

6 hours ago, olsbooks said:

Looks like a Brockway model 251. 

A model 361 would be a good starting point for the cab and fenders.  The hood and grille would be the biggest challenge.

There is an active Brockway hysterical society.

Thanks to you both for your help.. I contacted Dave at Aitm & he suggested the 361 also.