[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Bernard Kron

Wanted: 1/24th scale correct seats for Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder

Posted (edited)

This was pretty much the standard GT seat for Ferraris between around 1957 to 1960. I'm starting an Italeri/Testors Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder and the kit seats are woefully simplified and inaccurate in both shape and details. The correct seat is available in the Gunze Sangyo Ferrari 250 GT SWB coupe and in the Bburago die-cast 1/24 scale model of the 250 GT California Spyder (Bburago #26020). I've looked in the aftermarket and so far have drawn a blank. If anyone out there has these seats they can spare from their stash I will buy or trade.

Thanx,
B.

Here's what I'm looking for:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmrfiat.com%2Fimages%2Ffe

Edited by Bernard Kron

Bernard, Norm Veber of Replicas and Miniatures once offered those seats as part of a detailing set when that kit was readily available. Unfortunately, he has since discontinued them and I'm not sure he even still has the molds available to do a special casting for you. I got very similar seats from him years ago when I was building my 250 GT SWB, but we're talking 20 years ago now.

Perhaps you could drop him a line to see?

He can be contacted here..............

replmincomd@aol.com

Posted (edited)

Not good shots as I don't have any WIP pics of the Ferrari. I was building this loooong before I knew what the internet was, and what the heck was a "digital camera"?? :D

These are the seats I got from Norm............

P7090558-vi.jpg
P7090565-vi.jpg

Edited by MrObsessive

Thanks Bill. Those are just what I need. I already am gathering a parts list to send to Norm. These aren't the only thing I have to ask him about that are no longer in his catalog. I have a stash of older catalog editions and I'll see if I can find the parts number. With Norm it never hurts to ask...

Thanks again!