Model Cars Magazine Forum

9 mid-engine Corvette concepts

The '64 CERV II will always be the pick of the litter for me. Built on a full monocoque chassis, and running a 377 cu.in. all aluminum SOHC, Hilborn-injected smallblock-based engine, plus 4WD split through two, two-speed transaxles, it was a very sophisticated piece. With a zero-to-sixty time of 2.8 seconds, and a top end of around 210, the performance was spectacular for its time period.

Image result for CERV 2

8 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

The '64 CERV II will always be the pick of the litter for me. Built on a full monocoque chassis, and running a 377 cu.in. all aluminum SOHC, Hilborn-injected smallblock-based engine, plus 4WD split through two, two-speed transaxles, it was a very sophisticated piece. With a zero-to-sixty time of 2.8 seconds, and a top end of around 210, the performance was spectacular for its time period.

When I was a kid, I had a subscription to Hot Rod magazine and Popular Hot Rodding. One of them did a piece on the CERV ll. I remember being totally amazed at the 0-60 time!

Sold recently? For 1.1m

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/NY13/Art-of-the-Automobile/lots/r127-1964-chevrolet-cerv-ii/296136

Edited by NOBLNG