[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
DEL

Annual 68 or 69 Impala SS Button Hubcaps

Hello Friends,

I am looking for a set of button/poverty hubcaps (pics below) that as far as I can tell were only included on either AMT or MPC 68 & 69 Impala SS annual models.

They are needed for my police models of 1969-1973 on full size Chevies.  Happy to purchase if available, or trade something, I have lots of unopened kits.  Or even a loan to copy in RTV molding and returning them unhurt.  Thanks to all!!  D.

69-73 Chevy Police Hubcap 2.jpg

69-73 Chevy Police Hubcap.jpg

1968 Chevy Impala SS - Promo w Pov Caps  (1).jpg

1968 Chevy Impala SS - Promo w Pov Caps  (2).jpg

They were on the '68 promotional model only, they were not in any of the kits.

Rats!

I knew they were pretty scarce but I did not think they were THAT scarce.  Great.

Thanks, Mark. 

Look up harperdbazarre on ebay

Dwayne... since pretty much everything I buy is for some sort of police replica, I may have a source for these caps. I'm pretty sure I picked these up at one of the NNL East shows. Try sending an email to Mark to see if these are still available. If not, PM me and I'll send you my set. John

IMG_2300.JPG

IMG_2293.JPG

GTX/Bill:  Thanks!  That is a set I have never seen before I don't think.  The center part looks like the eventual button cap used from 1974-1990...  Still, not bad, I'm going to get a set for reference.  May be useful somewhere..,

5b2be7d170258_1974ChevyImpala-Hubcap.jpg.b144c86397e063aa87da76c82f015ecf.jpg

Kayma/Mr. John!

YESSS!!   That is the jewel I seek!   I will try to contact the info listed and if I can get a set that way I will..  If NOT, and you can spare them, I would be happy to get those from you and tickled to pay you for them as well!! 

Gosh I love this place.  So far someone somewhere has had what I needed in some form or other and/or I have been shown things I had no idea even existed. Like the caps Bill referred to. I have searched Ebay from time to time for a while now and as yet had not found those particular wheels/caps at all.

Thanks to all who responded and provided information.  GREATLY appreciated!!

My pleasure, Dwayne... I currently have well over 200 police vehicle projects on a spreadsheet that I will get to once I retire in 10 years or so. Any time I see a pair of poverty caps, I pick them up because I know I'll need them at some point. I literally have a box full of them! The 1974-1990 Chevy caps pictured above came with the Modelhaus 1975 Impala 4 door kit. You can also use them for mid-1970 AMC products as they are extremely similar. They may be harder to find now that Carol and Don have retired. I also have a bunch of the '69 Chevy caps Bill mentioned; they are quite common and can usually be found on eBay for a decent price. Between Missing Link, Fireball Modelworks and Scenes Unlimited, there are a number of good quality small hub caps out there and the list keeps growing. I'll be placing and order with Fireball in the next week or so; he has some brand new ones that will blow your mind (plus it gives me an opportunity to plant the seed for some additional hub caps that no one is producing; '52 - '54 Ford Mainline comes to mind). Let me know how you make out with contacting Mark (I need a few extra sets of those caps myself) and we'll go from there.