Model Cars Magazine Forum

A little over priced

Yep, Revell speculation has definitely started on eBay. Last night I came across the recently released Revell '78 GMC Big Country Pickup for $59.95 +$9.85 shipping.  The same seller had the Baja Bronco for $44.00 + $8.75 shipping.   But other sellers still have the same kits for more reasonable prices, keeping in mind that retail on these kits seems to be $29.95 now.  Maybe I'll run over to Hobby Lobby and fill up 2 shopping carts with Revell kits...(just kidding).

Usually when I search for kits/parts on eBay, I get a bunch of hits from an eBay seller famous for his very high parts prices and long listings.  That didn't happen last night, and I wondered why. He seems to be gone. Checked the eBay Community and saw no info, just this note: "Offline since 05-18-2018."  A little more looking shows that he is "No longer a registered user."

Edited by Mike999
omit2

6 hours ago, peteski said:

Yes, go to Google and int he search window type in Yen to US dollar. The converter pops right up! :)

To save you trouble, 1 dollar is about 111 yen.

Using that formula, the price comes to about  $81.00

That's more reasonable, and closer to list price.