Model Cars Magazine Forum

'V' The Visitors Laser Jeeps

crowe-t

I built these 2 Jeeps as the Laser Jeeps used by the alien Visitors on the 1984 TV show 'V'.  These are Monogram Jeep CJ7's.  

These models represent a 1977 Jeep with the front roll bar loop mounted straight up and on top of the wheel wells.  The Jeeps used on the show were from the early 80's with the roll bar main loop slanted back with a slight curve in the middle of the top and go down to the floor.  I scratch built the roll bars using 2mm rod.  I also scratch built the handles above the glove compartment doors and the ignition coils.  The distributors are pre-wired from MADD.  The laser cannons are scratch built using mostly various styrene tubes and rod.  I posted some pictures here in the TV and movie car thread but these are updated with the side mirrors attached and I included a couple of progress pictures.

I'll be keeping 1 and the other is going to a friend.

IMG_9491 Small.jpg

IMG_9489 Small.jpg

IMG_9492 Small.jpg

IMG_9498 Small.jpg

IMG_9496 Small.jpg

IMG_9500 Small.jpg5b2971f395e46_IMG_9476Small.jpg.e0d32b5968bd71098a808c7f6d2f7442.jpg

IMG_8780 Small.jpg

IMG_9035 Small.jpg

IMG_9200 Small.jpg

IMG_9041 Small.jpg

Edited by crowe-t

Thanks guys!

Tom - The canon's shoulder supports go almost to the end on the Jeeps on the show.  The pictures I took are making the shoulder supports look like they go right to the end but in person it looks less so.  The alien or shooter's shoulders go inside those supports and he/she stands right at the end.  Some friends of mine actually built a 1:1 replica of a Laser Jeep and the supports go almost to the end.