Model Cars Magazine Forum

Off Road Off Topic

Greg Myers

I'd love to have him follow us on a little Off-Road adventure. First air down the tires, next disconnect the front Sway Bar so the differential can articulate for traction over uneven surfaces. With his new and improved suspension I wonder just how steep of an angle he could cross before he turns "Turtle" ?  

Yeah, vehicles like that make me chuckle! In addition to being completely useless on or off road, they are a safety hazard to operate. The lights are not legal, the brakes are inadequate and visibility is so poor it's a wonder anyone would even think about driving it.

I love Jeeps.I have a 2000 Cherokee that's lifted about 6 1/2 inches,running on 35s.However,the Jeep pictured here is pretty ridiculous,,unless you bring it to a Jeep,or some kind of Offroad show.Otherwise I'd feel pretty dumb driving that thing around town..And as far as the low rider rat rod.No comment on that "thing":o

When you're incapable of building something that actually has some functional appeal, or you just don't get WHY anyone would want a vehicle that was competent off-road or ON-road, you build some moron stuff like this. 

All this junk does is scream "lookit me!!!! lookit me!!!!"...and there is never a shortage of other morons who will, with envy and lust in their hearts. Ooohs and aahs and attaboys.

Idiots.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

On 6/23/2018 at 9:36 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

When you're incapable of building something that actually has some functional appeal, or you just don't get WHY anyone would want a vehicle that was competent off-road or ON-road, you build some moron stuff like this. 

All this junk does is scream "lookit me!!!! lookit me!!!!"...and there is never a shortage of other morons who will, with envy and lust in their hearts. Ooohs and aahs and attaboys.

Idiots.

When my GF sees tarted-up examples of vehicles like that she says "sorry about your peni$"!   Like you said, they are attention-cravers.

On 6/20/2018 at 12:11 PM, High octane said:

Around these parts I have the feeling that a lot of so-called off-road vehicles are only off-road when they're parked in the owners driveway.

For a while out my way, I thought I was going to have to set my Cherokee's suspension up like one of those desert racer XJs would have. Roosevelt Rd (Rte. 38) was so bad at one point that it was about like running a paved off road race track.

Bro-dozers that have ridiculous lifts and stupid wheel/tire offsets are the norm around here. In certain parts of Alberta, I think it's mandatory that you have to modify your trucks. :P

Heck, I get these guys in here, and we build them and lease them. Whatever the customer wants, we supply.

$100k pickups with lifts, big tires, bumpers, winches, lighting, etc; and they will never get used on anything more than  a gravel parking lot. Ugh.

20 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Looks good, like she's well suited for playing in the dirt.  :D

Thanks Ace.I just wanted a clean,simple Jeep with very few bolt ons.I don't like any truck/Jeep with a ton of wasteful bolt ons.But as Octane says,to each his own.

1 hour ago, peteski said:

Not your Jeep. It looks like a fun ride to me! :D

Oh yea I know you were referring to the ridiculous monster Jeep.If I saw that thing on the road,with that spare on the back,I'd be cracking up.Umm,yea they probably would have it better with a full size spare.:lol:.But where would you put it?