Model Cars Magazine Forum

Off Road Off Topic

Greg Myers

Meh. That one doesn't bother me. For one, the lift is pretty normal, and looks functional. Two, exocages are pretty commonplace. Three, it's in Japan. That's where all the world's weird stuff comes from.

It's no different than guys who build old muscle cars, put massive slicks on the car, blower through the hood, but then never race them. Or anyone who builds a trailer queen.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, NYLIBUD said:

Here's one for the books.I mean are you kidding me?:lol:

IMG_2145.JPG

You see the advantage here is that when he rolls over, and he's going to roll over, he'll never dent or scratch the paint. 

1 hour ago, espo said:

You see the advantage here is that when he rolls over, and he's going to roll over, he'll never dent or scratch the paint. 

Yea maybe,but those huge stupid looking window flares are gonna get wrecked.And that really unnecessary,very expensive led roof lights will also take a beating.Tell you the truth,I don't even know what kind of truck it is with all that garbage all over it.I think it's a Blazer,or maybe a Jeep Cherokee.??

Edited by NYLIBUD

On 6/25/2018 at 10:19 PM, NYLIBUD said:

My 2000 Cherokee.6 1/2 inch lift,with 35 inch tires.Thats about as high up as I would lift any Jeep.It is great off-roading too.It can practically go over anything...Fun fun.:lol:

Just think! If Jeep would have done this from the factory there might not be so many in the bone yards with rusted frames!:lol:

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:39 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Yea maybe,but those huge stupid looking window flares are gonna get wrecked.And that really unnecessary,very expensive led roof lights will also take a beating.Tell you the truth,I don't even know what kind of truck it is with all that garbage all over it.I think it's a Blazer,or maybe a Jeep Cherokee.??

I'm thinking it might be one of those Toyota things. My reasons are The general shape of the side and rear quarter window and the door handles. The front parking lamps resemble some of the Toyotas I have seen. The Window Flares are way over done. I have the standard size Window Flares on our JK and they work perfectly as they were originally designed to work. I have never seen any over done like these. Another thing to note is the size of the "Farm Jack" on the back. You just have to question the steering geometry and steering linkage not to mention the angle of the U-Joints. This is an example of not knowing when to stop throwing money at a project.

1 hour ago, espo said:

I'm thinking it might be one of those Toyota things. My reasons are The general shape of the side and rear quarter window and the door handles. The front parking lamps resemble some of the Toyotas I have seen. The Window Flares are way over done. I have the standard size Window Flares on our JK and they work perfectly as they were originally designed to work. I have never seen any over done like these. Another thing to note is the size of the "Farm Jack" on the back. You just have to question the steering geometry and steering linkage not to mention the angle of the U-Joints. This is an example of not knowing when to stop throwing money at a project.

Exactly,a complete waste of money,unless there is a nuclear war,then maybe it would be worth it.:lol: