Model Cars Magazine Forum

Square Quad Headlights

Ok fellas........I've been wracking my brain lately trying to figure out which kit would have headlights like these..................

bae6_1.JPG.3f1831344758c1ef54ca565804f44b94.JPG

I looked at the Revell '83 Olds kit and while similar, they have an inset to the headlights in the bezels, and aren't quite right.

In case you're wondering, yes this is a future project I have in mind.............'jus trying to make sure I have all the bits and pieces together before I consider tackling it. No time frame to start----just the piece of mind knowing that all is there whenever I'm ready.

Any thoughts?

TIA!

Steve, that's it!

Thanks so much for the link! I've bookmarked his site, and he's definitely hearing from me! B)

The parking lamps I could make on my own..........In fact, I think I have something laying around that's very close to replicate those.

3 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Those look nice, but they are not quite flat across.....they’re staggered and not flat like the Olds. Thanks just the same!

Yeah I forgot about that , the only flat quad headlights I can think of don't have separate bezels . Both the Revell Cutlass kits and the Trans Am kits have the clear lenses but the housings would need to be cut and reworked . At least the Trans Am has chrome housings .

Revell 442 FE3-X

Unfortunately these lenses aren't separated like in your pic ,  those PE bezels look like the way to go !

Edited by TooOld

Bill, how about this?

5b2c1f470600b_77caddygrille.jpg.3b71a0651c8993d7f83987a8e3e54c6e.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JO-HAN-FROM-THE-ARCHIVES-1977-CADILLAC-DATED-FRONT-BUMPER/401543607848?hash=item5d7ddd3628:g:JxgAAOSwcUBYHBKw

I just looked at my '77 builtup closely, and it seems like with your skills you'd have little trouble cutting away the bezels/lenses. Make a mold and cast them in clear resin, then BMF the bezels and you'd be good to go. Worth a shot?

77 caddy grille.jpg

Hey! Those headlights are EXACTLY it! GM used that style pretty much from the mid '70's through the sometime in the '80's. I saved that auction and I know that seller VERY well! See him all the time! ;)

Now I do have a small resin casting kit but I haven't tried it yet. Something small like this would be ideal to practice on. Actually, I'm not sure I'd have to cut away the entire headlight assembly. Simply make an impression on the part, and resin fill it from there------shape and sand as needed.