[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Mike C

Got a great new magnifying light for my workbench...

I just got it from Amazon, you can also find it on Ebay. It uses LEDs and has a big lens that is 7.5" x 6.2". It's a 5 diopter (2.25 magnification). I replaced a round 5" florescent magnifier (same magnification) light that was a little shaky whenever I put it into position. This new one is rock steady. It has variable brightness too. It uses 9 Watts and is 680 lumens. The "buttons" on top are touch sensitive. In fact they will work when your finger is about 1/8" over them. Anyway, here's some photos. 

P1040113.jpg

P1040114.jpg

P1040115.jpg

P1040116.jpg

How is the magnifier lens? I bought a different model magnifier/light and I'm not at all pleased with the lens. It's a 5" round lens. I don't think it offers a very clear image when viewing through the lens. It seems fuzzy or out of focus. I have been looking around for a different one. How is the price on this one?

6 hours ago, smhardesty said:

How is the magnifier lens? I bought a different model magnifier/light and I'm not at all pleased with the lens. It's a 5" round lens. I don't think it offers a very clear image when viewing through the lens. It seems fuzzy or out of focus. I have been looking around for a different one. How is the price on this one?

Not sure if you have seen it or not, but there is a whole thread on lights and magnifiers.

7 hours ago, smhardesty said:

The lens is big and clear. No distortion in it. It's a glass lens too.

8 hours ago, Xingu said:

Not sure if you have seen it or not, but there is a whole thread on lights and magnifiers.

Yeah, I have seen that thread. It's mostly out of date now with the bulk being 2 years old, or older, and I don't believe this particular magnifier was mentioned in that thread. I was curious to see what Mike C thought of the lens in it. I want to be sure the next one I purchase has a nice, clear lens. But thanks for reminding me of that thread.

I'll have to consider this for a replacement of my present light. I have one of the old 5" round style lamps that I have had for years and years. I have to tighten the adjustments with a pair of pliers to get to hold a setting.  

I kind of like the potty lid on the lens but wonder if that wouldn't get in the way?  Can you give us a link on Amazon?

I need to eventually get something like this myself. Looks nice.