Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nitro Fuel System Walkthrough

Here's something I reconstructed from the SLM files. Pertinent information should be in the captions. There are two captions that contained links to larger photos. I have attached those photos in the post. The whole point to the StraightLineModeler was to share information regarding drag race (lakes, salt, as well) modelling. Those files aren't doing anyone any good on my computer, so, I hope it's okay if I share them here, as I am able to reconstruct some of those pages.

Fuel Walkaround.jpg

system2b.jpg

system4b.jpg

There are two nozzles right behind the intake valves injecting the fuel directly into the cylinder when the intake valves are open, this is where most of the fuel goes, I don't remember the exact procentage of the total ammount but it's more than what goes in under the injector hat and under the blower.
They have used this system on nitro engines since the 80's so it's not new.

topfueltiming08.jpg.d9a809a3f2456cb700411b105c2efdbb.jpg

Edited by Force

20 hours ago, Force said:

There are two nozzles right behind the intake valves injecting the fuel directly into the cylinder when the intake valves are open,

Thanks for the explanation! The photo clears it up completely. I'd forgotten how much room there is under the rocker covers...

Mike