[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
OldTrucker

1966 Buick Riviera

Tried to replicate my 8th Grade Science Teacher's Riviera. He had 2 His was this color or close to it and his wife's was green!

photo54-vi.jpg
photo72-vi.jpg

photo80-vi.jpg
photo36-vi.jpg
photo6-vi.jpg

Terrific looking Riv!  And I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one who models other people's cars recalled from distant memory.

Nice. I love the look of those mid-60s Rivieras. Great color too!

Very nice! I like that saddle/tobacco color on the interior. What paint is that?

Very clean looking build. Your teacher had good taste in color combinations. You said he had this Riv. and his wife had a green one also. Makes me think they used to pay teachers much better than they do now.  

1 hour ago, espo said:

Very clean looking build. Your teacher had good taste in color combinations. You said he had this Riv. and his wife had a green one also. Makes me think they used to pay teachers much better than they do now.  

I'd say his wife was the real bread winner as she was the chief loan officer at the biggest bank in town!:lol:

Teacher gad good taste! You built a beautiful model too. 

On 6/22/2018 at 7:27 AM, Snake45 said:

Very nice! I like that saddle/tobacco color on the interior. What paint is that?

Testors 1133 light brown

Had half a bottle that must have been 15 years old and was still not dried up, just thick. Added almost an equal amount of thinner and taped it to the blade of a sabre saw and let it run a while!:lol:

Edited by OldTrucker

looks great the interior and body work very well together. ahhh what used to be...