[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

We're still trying to solve a disk space problem. Unfortunately, it's being stubborn about getting rectified. There will be a long maintenance window this weekend, which I will announce here. Thank you all for being patient. 
Sign in to follow this  
misterNNL

Attaching small parts

I spent a couple days figuring out how to attach some small trim parts to my current project without using super glue. I normally use the CA for almost everything but these trim pieces are barely 1/16" wide and were going to be attached to a dark burgundy paint job so I needed another solution. I finally settled on using brush-on gloss clear bottle paint as the adhesive. After scraping off the chrome plating I applied a light coat to back side of the trim and carefully set the parts in place with tweezers. Seems to work very well. Just thought you might be able to use this little tip yourself.Good luck.

I tried using Future for that, and it didn't work all that well. It does work well for photo etch. My current go-to is Micro Crystal Clear glue for winscreens and canopies.

I've used clear finger nail polish for just that .

Great tip. I've used this method as well. It is also great for attaching head light lenses and other lenses.

Another positive thing about using the clear acrylic paint is clean up. As clumsy as I am a lot of small parts need to be moved a little or straightened after placement so I can use a dampened Qtip type tool to clean up the smeared paint.