Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1960 Impala.....

cruz

Revell 1960 Impala. Testors Hugger Orange with a Tamiya Pearl clear. Tires and wheels are from Modelhaus. Built for the 60th Anniversary of the Impala. Should've gone with another clear but it is what it is......

66829733_8658527590180304484_n-vi.jpg

65904733_2506961645348465664_n-vi.jpg

65594733_5290591451806491617_n-vi.jpg

65199733_8906891268647975514_n-vi.jpg

64664733_4654741992936456712_n-vi.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, berr13 said:

Very nice!!  Why do you think you should have used another clear?  

Thank you guys, I didn't like the way that Tamiya Pearl shined. Just doesn't have that wet look even after polishing it....

Beautiful looking Impala. I think the final finish looks fine, but like you the Pearl Clear has a different finish. I wonder if you could get the extra shinny finish you're after if next time your final coat was just straight Clear.  

46 minutes ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking Impala. I think the final finish looks fine, but like you the Pearl Clear has a different finish. I wonder if you could get the extra shinny finish you're after if next time your final coat was just straight Clear.  

No doubt and I though about it, just didn't want to drain the model in syrup.....

37 minutes ago, cruz said:

No doubt and I though about it, just didn't want to drain the model in syrup.....

I think you might mean "drowned in syrup", and I agree that just doesn't look natural to me either. I built what I thought would make a good looking '60's Ranchero and used Pearl Green as a body color and the only way I could get it to look shinny to my self was with a coat of straight clear.

3 hours ago, espo said:

I think you might mean "drowned in syrup", and I agree that just doesn't look natural to me either. I built what I thought would make a good looking '60's Ranchero and used Pearl Green as a body color and the only way I could get it to look shinny to my self was with a coat of straight clear.

Did you mean "shiny"? It happens to us all occasionally.

Another clearcoat?? Bro, it looks REALLY good as is! You know how I feel about '60 Impalas! I still say that Revell captured that '59-'60 Bubbletop roofline 'bout perfect, even compared to the old annuals from way back when. Even better than Johan dare I say. ;)

It's the reason I went through so much trouble swapping roofs off the '60 onto the '59 Impala. Revell hit the nail on the head as far as roof accuracy IMO.